Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrivas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2017, 08:22 AM
    Amazon Fees
    I am an online company and Amazon is my customer. I sell products and provide and invoice to the customer to pay. In the end Amazon charges an Amazon seller fee which is deducted once I receive payment from the customer. For example the invoice the customer pays would be 10. Amazon deducts 15% when I receive it in its entirety.

Would I classify the Amazon fees under costs of goods sold? And do I have to put this item on my invoices even though the customer would never see this deducted price? Or can I simply input it as a credit memo and deduct it from my gross amount as one big memo as a whole?

Please advise.

Regards
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2017, 06:25 PM
    You seem to be mixing apples and oranges. It does not sound like Amazon is buying from you. You are using Amazon as a selling platform, for a fee, right?
    Selling fees go under 'selling fees' (along with other overhead however you want to name them) under 'expenses' in your own business bookkeeping. The customer has nothing to do with it.

Since you seem confused about starting out, just do a cash basis accounting of Income and Expenses. So easy. No debits and credits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being on H1, can I claim Tution and Fees deduction for the fees I paid for my wife-F1 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am from India and has been on H1 (Resident Alien) since Oct 2011. My wife came to US on H4 in Nov 2012 and changed her status to F1 (Non-Resident Alien) in May 2014. My wife has been working on CPT since August 2014. My questions are: 1. Can I file jointly with my wife 2. As I paid...

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

Can I claim my H1B Legal/attorney Fees and Government process fees. If yes, I have to [ 1 Answers ]

Can I claim my H1B Legal/attorney Fees and Government process fees. If yes, I have to travel out side the USA to stamp the visa, Is the travel expenses (Air Ticket, Hotel, application fees0 are deductible as well? Please let me know.

Deduct brokerage fees, appraisal fees and other closing costs on my taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased my home in Calif in 2006 and refinances in 2007 to lower the interest rate. Can I deduct the brokerage fee, appraisal fee, flood fee, document fee, escrow fee and transfer fees? I paid all of the fees and did not include them in the refinance of my home. If I can decuct any of these...

College application fees and testing fees as tax deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?

View more questions Search