Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stuck123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2017, 08:36 PM
    Snake won't go down kitchen sink pipe
    Im trying to free up a clog in my kitchen sink and when I try to put the snake down the pipe it goes in about 4ft and then just stops, and don't believe this is where the clog is and have a feeling that there is a tight angle Im just getting it past. And I've tried pushing it in as I spin the snake and have tried doing it both clockwise and counter clockwise but with no luck and just wondering if you might know of any other tricks to go down? Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2017, 08:59 AM
    I would remove trap under sink and try again from there, you will be eliminating turns. The clog MAY? Be 4' away?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 18, 2017, 11:37 AM
    The PTRAP under the sink should have a removable cleanout... unscrew the cap on the bottom of the trap (catch water in bowl) and snake the drain from the opening in the PTRAP. If you don't see a PTRAP under the sink then that is most likely what you are running into in a chaseway or similar... chase pipe into next cabinet or whatever is necessary to locate it and remove the cleanout.

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't unclog my kitchen sink . Tired liguid plumber, heat pellets and drain snake. [ 2 Answers ]

Drain snake only go down a foot or so. Do the drain pipe go down and bent right to connect with the main sewer line

Clogged kitchen sink. Took everything apart and used 25 foot snake all the way and s [ 0 Answers ]

Clogged kitchen sink. Took everything apart and used 25 foot snake all the way and s

Clogged kitchen sink. Took everything apart and used 25 foot snake all the way and s [ 1 Answers ]

Clogged kitchen sink. Took everything apart and used 25 foot snake all the way and still holding water. Am I missing something?

Replacing J pipe under kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

The old J pipe basically disintegrated in my hand when I pressed my thumb against the leak. So I bought a new one, matching it exactly to the metal one I removed. I asked them at Lowe's about joint compound and they said use plumber's putty. Here is my question: How does one use plumber's putty?...

I could only snake in 18 inches in the sink pipe [ 61 Answers ]

My two sinks in the two adjoining bathroom got blocked. First I tried Drano but it didn't work. I removed the P trap and other connecting pipes all the way to the wall. I then snaked it . I could only got in about 18 inches only. So I bought a drill drain snake. Again I could only ran in about 18...

View more questions Search