Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Viet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2017, 05:43 PM
    Lawn Mower
    When I try to run my lawn mower, I pull the "string" but it dosen't make any noise, I have repeatedly tried, but it dosen't work. Would I need to buy a new lawn mower or is there a way to get it to start working.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2017, 04:56 AM
    Unless you have tools, and know how to use them... might be beyond your abilities. You need fuel, ignition and compression. Lack of any of those three will give you what you see. You have to figure out what is missing and correct it. Unless you have a REALLY nice mower, it will cost you nearly as much to fix as a new cheap one will cost if you have to take it to a shop.

Compression you can feel pulling the recoil starter....the other two you can figure out removing the spark plug after trying to start it.

Is plug wet? If so getting fuel. Does it have spark?

Sheared woodruf key on flywheel from hitting something is common...but it usually still tries to fire even if it won't run so I think that is unlikely.

Pull it over a few times..pull spark plug, see if its wet, and holding it against the engine pull it a few times and tell us if you see a weak yellow spark or a blue one...or nothing at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bolan riding lawn mower will not start up. I was cutting grass and stopped mower tu [ 1 Answers ]

Bolan riding lawn mower will not start up. I was cutting grass and stopped mower turn off pto then tun off eng. 5min later I try to start mower but would not start up. [email protected]

John deere riding lawn mower starts, but the lawn mower transmission won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

My John Deere riding lawn mower worked fine, It got a flat tire so I removed the tire and fixed it. I then replaced the tire. The lawn mower will turn on, the blades will engage, but the transmission won't engage. I checked the rod in the back of the lawn mower and it was in. I pulled it out and...

Lawn chief riding lawn mower forward and reverse [ 4 Answers ]

The lawn mower will not go forward or reverse, What should I check to fix this problem?

Lawn chief lawn mower rider looking for fuse [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lawn chief riding lawn mower where is the fuse located?

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search