Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marleyjeanne Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2017, 06:21 AM
    Chainsaw won't turn off
    I have a old stihl 028 wood boss chainsaw that had been running just fine until today--had been cutting tree for aprox 20 minutes & then when I went to turn it off it just kept running! This went on for a good 5 minutes. I tried revving it up--pulled the switch back down to choke & back up to no avail. I did notice sparks whenever I put the switch to the off position so kept it on "run" and ended up pulling the spark plug wire. What would cause this & how do I fix it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2017, 07:21 AM
    On most chain saws, the on/off switch grounds the magneto. If you are seeing sparks, the ground wire may be disconnected. Have to open the case up to see.
    marleyjeanne Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2017, 02:42 AM
    Thanks Ill check it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chainsaw chain [ 5 Answers ]

How do I determine what size file to use?

Chainsaw Bike [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I like doing makeshift project so I decided to make a bike using a chainsaw motor. I need a little help though, I want to have some torque (I live in bloomington Indiana) to hit the hills but I also want speed to be able to ride on roads. I plan to mount the chainsaw on the rear rack of my 18...

Best Chainsaw [ 4 Answers ]

I own a craftsman chainsaw w/3.3hp and 20inch bar. I have owned this saw for 20 years and I am looking to replace it.. I am looking to replace it with a like size saw but I want to purchase the best saw for my buck... I am looking at Craftsman, Stilh, Husqvarna, and Shindaiwa. All comments are...

Old gas in chainsaw [ 2 Answers ]

Old gas in chainsaw

My chainsaw won't idle. [ 1 Answers ]

My Craftsman's chainsaw starts but idles at high RPM's and won't idle down. Could this be caused by excessive varnish in the carburetor? Thank you LindsayMowerRepair

View more questions Search