Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susandcoburn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2017, 05:46 AM
    Can I turn off the electric now?
    I was trying to sell my home on a land contract but they failed to pay the down payment. To make a long story short, the Judge said I couldn't not evict them because I'm like a bank instead of a landlord.

Now can I have the electric turned off in my name or do I have to keep paying the bills they are failing to pay. I am still making the mortgage payments and am almost a year ahead of payments.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2017, 06:24 AM
    The process of eviction depends on what state, or jurisdiction that this property is in. You have enough evidence to evict properly so that's the route you have lawfully available to you. So give NOTICE and let the law work for you. Part of your problem is you allowed occupancy before they met their contractual obligations so what prevents them from turning the utilities back on in another name?

So turning off the utilities gets you no closer to evicting them than you are now does it? Better to just give notice to vacate, and learn your lesson about allowing someone to occupy your dwelling without meeting their contractual obligations FIRST.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE electric dryer won't turn on [ 5 Answers ]

I have a dryer that is about 4 years old. It was working, I changed loads and now it won't do anything. It dried the last load fine, the clothes were warm and I stopped the dryer to take out the dry clothes. But now nothing at all. Checked breaker and it was fine. Thanks for help.

ELECTRIC furnace won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

My house is all electric. My furnace keep running and will not shut off until I shut it off. But when I pull the plug out the fuse appears to be burned. Needs some advise.

My electric fan won't turn on 1 but working on 2 and 3 [ 0 Answers ]

I don't know what happened by my electric fan won't turn on 1 but working on 2 and 3. What's wrong?

Electric furnace won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

Our electric furnace is set at 73 degrees. When the furnace comes on it runs great, until it reaches the 73 degrees. Than the furnace part shuts off and the fan continues to run until the temperature is down to about 70! My husband keeps saying it's because it is so cold outside, but today it was...

View more questions Search