Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix333 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Merovingian research
    Anyone in deep in Merovingian research or an "expert" in the history of this line of kings?

Looking for material for my own research.

My specific focus is on:
    1. The demise of this ruling body... at least as rulers of their country
    --- I have read that the catholic church backed it... I'd like more meat to support that.
    2. Their lineage in other ruling families throughout Europe
    ---- Are their any new branches of families in Europe that are considered especially heavy with this bloodline?
    (I know this is mentioned in Holy Blood, Holy Grail... I'd like more resources to pull from (including people) that are not just speculation or at least not base heavily on pure speculation. .
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Not knowing what you have read so far, sources and books, etc. I will post the Google start page on this:

Merovingian - Google Search
    Phoenix333 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Ah yes. Google.
    Thanks. Done that. ;)
    With several different phrases including the ever so basic "merovingian"
    "merovingian blood line" "merovingian conspiracy" yada, yada, you.

;)

I was hoping for a recommendation.
    Like: this is a very comprehensive resource that was done by someone who knows their history and is not just some random person spouting conspiracy theory with no facts to back it up.

Thanks though.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 05:36 AM
    See if you can find the following books. "The Merovingian Kingdom" by I. Wood and "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail" by Michael Baigent. There are two pretty legitimate websites that you can check out also. A Christian Thinktank and http://www.Anglo-Saxons.net.

Trying a different search engine other than Google would help you out also. Even MSN pops up different materials than Google I have often found out. Have you checked the EWTN website? They have a section on that site for research and Church history. You can even send questions to their experts - they list the names and their expertise. I have had to use that and was very pleased.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need research please help [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know for a paper how much the united states government has spent on nuclear research since 1944. If I can get this answer and the proof then I can get an A. Please Help me I am just passing this class by the skin of my teeth and I would really love to pass with an A. Update on...

Research [ 4 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed w/ Borderline Personality Disorder! It doesn't help that I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, & Generalized Anxiety Disorder! I want to learn about Borderline Personality Disorder so that I can know what I can try to change Or what I can not change! I believe that some of it is...

Research [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on finding sources on a research paper. The topic is digitization in libraries. Help me

View more questions Search