Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badmonday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Retail theft under $150, in PA
    Hello I got caught for doing something very stupid retail theft... my gut said don't do it and I still did. I was just trying to see how people do it and not get caught heard from other people, watching TV no one ever gets caught. People who do it first time and don't know how to do it get caught. I got caught, and got a ticket didn't have no dollar amount in it. I am saked to call the office in a day or two to pay the money. I would like to know how deep of a trouble am I in. are other people my family are they going to find out. What can I do to stay out of trouble.. I don't want to go to jail.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 02:12 PM
    I noticed you made a few similar posts and a question of why you were not getting an answer, I merged it all into this post.

I did note that you were read over 20 times but I guess no one really had anything to say.

It is obvouis you know that you did wrong, but you did it, and were caught. I have no idea what percent get caught, but 1000's do get caught every day.

You won't be going to jail unless you have a long history of arrests.
    You will get a fine, maybe a fine and a short probation, and have to pay maybe some money to the store for their time and trouble.

It is a learning experience, if you are a minor, your family will find out, most arrests are listed in the newspaper or available online at one point sometimes, so most likely people you know will find out.

Just don't do it again, and stop listing to what you hear people say and most certainly what you see on TV

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retail theft [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got arrested for retail theft but the item was only 20 dollars but this is also my second offence what do you think will happen oh it's a misdemeanor

$700 Retail Theft, cont. Read the bold... [ 3 Answers ]

I recently took aroun $700 from a retail store where I was working. I loaded it onto gift cards that I was going to give out. I did have the intention of repaying the money, but was caught before I had a chance (not that it would have made a difference). I know that it was incredibly wrong and in...

Retail Theft $700 [ 3 Answers ]

I recently took aroun $700 from a retail store where I was working. I loaded it onto gift cards that I was going to give out. I did have the intention of repaying the money, but was caught before I had a chance (not that it would have made a difference). I know that it was incredibly wrong and...

Retail Theft question [ 4 Answers ]

I am applying to nursing school. This is my second degree. It states on the application that I need to have a clear criminal record. I was arrested at age 18 for retail theft. It was a stupid teenage prank, but I know I was old enough to know better. This was in 1993. My record shows that I...

Retail theft record? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a nurse. My company was recently purchased by another co. I was informed that they will do a criminal background check. In 1991 I plead guily to retail theft. Will this still be on my record? Should I worry? This was 15 years ago. I live in Pennsylania and I was an adult when I did this...

View more questions Search