Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kirstenmorris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2017, 10:16 AM
    Lawnmower stopped working while using it-air filter blew off loud pop
    I was mowing my lawn yesterday and at the same time, there was a loud pop and my air filter blew off. Now my mower won't start. Help?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2017, 11:24 AM
    Backfired... I would bet good money the woodruff key on the flywheel has sheared and the flywheel has moved on the crankshaft. Easy fix if you have the tools and can get or make another woodruff key. Probably happened during a previous use and it managed to move enough to cause the backfire, and is so far out now it won't run.
    Kirstenmorris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2017, 04:05 PM
    Thank you Smoothy. I did read about that as being a possibility. I'll be looking into that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My refrigerator made a popping loud sound and it stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

My refrigerator has been making popping sounds for the last two weeks, finally last night it made a popping sound and it stopped working but not the freezer that is still fine. What does this mean?

Whole House Attic Fan stopped working after a loud pop? [ 9 Answers ]

We have a 30" CertainTeed Whole House Attic Fan. Works out, but went to turn it on tonight and after a few seconds of turning it on,there was a Violent Sounding THUG (a Popping noise- a Bang).. the Shutters Closed Automatically, and now there is a quiet hum... Any ideas? Thanks

Riding lawn mower clutch suddenly stopped working with a loud pop [ 0 Answers ]

I was approaching a stopping point, pushed in the brake/clutch pedal, heard a loud pop and suddenly realized I had no clutch on my sears craftsman riding mower... can someone help ? Thanks!

Refrigerator water filter stopped working [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator with a water filter dispenser/ice maker. The filter catridge currently in it has been in there for about a month or two, no problems. Now all of a sudden, every now and then the water tastes awful like it is clearly straight from the faucet. I take the catridge out...

Light Bulb Blew then Fan stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

Just as I said. One of the light bulbs blew in my over head ceiling fan, there are four bulbs only one of which was set to be on at the time, then the fan stopped workling. Now nothing works. Help! :(

View more questions Search