Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Er3Tr2Tr1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Future Child Support Payments
    Three years ago during my divorce proceedings my now ex-husband was ordered to pay spousal maintenance for 5 years and child support until children are 18. He paid on time for the first two years but a little over a year ago he stopped making payments. At the time of our divorce he had a very good job and was making quite a bit of money (well into 6 figures). The child support calculations were extrapolated and so payments are higher than the typical support schedule would provide. In the past 18 months or so his life has really gotten off track and although he still technically has a job that provides him and our children with health insurance, the job is commission based and he either does not receive a paycheck because he isn't producing any thing or receives one that is a fraction of what they used to be if he does manage to get something done at work. His home is in foreclosure and is set to be auctioned off in June. I have a judgement against him for the amount he was arrears through February but if I do receive anything from the sale it wouldn't be until June. Not much help to me now.

I am not sure what to do next in regards to the CS and Maintenance he will owe me between now and June and then after that. I want to file with the Dept. of Child Services for support enforcement but I am afraid a court would look at his current income and lower his future monthly payments. I am not trying to soak the man or get blood from a turnip but if he gets his act together he would be able to get back to his former income level but my kids would be stuck with smaller CS payments.

I live in Washington state.
    My question is this:

Would my filing for support services endanger my future CS and/or SM payments?

I live in Washington state.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 04:21 PM
    I am surprised he has not already filed for that, yes his payments are supposed to be lowered now that he is not making the larger income.

He should and ai am sure he will go back to have it admended as to the time his income changed.

And if he gets his act back together you take him back again.

* that is how it is suppose to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

No child support in year don't want ex to be involved with child. [ 3 Answers ]

My ex has not paid any child support in 1 year. I did not take him to court. I really don't want him to be involved with the child because he has uncontroled mental illness. What rights does he have? My new husband wants to adupt him well that be possible and how? Do I have any rights that well...

View more questions Search