Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2017, 02:54 PM
    Glacier bay kitchen faucet # 67737-0008D2 = how to lube
    can't seem to make faucet turn from one sink to another and i don't know how to lubricate it?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 11, 2017, 04:45 PM
    There are three things that may make your faucet turn hard from side to side:

1. Stiff O-rings
    2. Upper nut that holds cartridge in is too tight
    3. Excessive calcification inside faucet body cavity

Turn water OFF, remove hand-held, hose, handle, remove cartridge. Lift outer body shell in up-ward pull and separate it from the rough body. Clean all visible calcification from the body and from the inside of the faucet shell. Replace O-rings with new ones, apply generous amount of lubricant, and reassemble. Make sure you don't clip new O-rings when sliding faucet shell over the rough body. When installing brass nut on top of the cartridge, tighten up only as much at it needs. Over tightening may make the body to turn hard, again

You will need some basic skill to do the O-ring replacement and lubrication. Also, you will need some basic tools to do the job

Hope that helps

Milo
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2017, 06:20 PM
    Just had the same with a Delta single handle. Follow Milo's lead. Use plumbers grease. Typically takes about 20-30 minutes. To do everything. Be very careful with the O rings, they can be easily damaged/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucet - no pressure [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. Our kitchen pressure has never been great - but now it is virtually zero. I have a dual handle glacier bay and had a squeal when I turned on the hot water. A plumber suggested changing out the stem in the hot end. I did that but now have no pressure in either hot or cold taps. Its not...

Glacier bay kitchen faucet parts [ 5 Answers ]

I need the nuts under the handels that hold in the stems for model # f82b4600bnv

Glacier Bay kitchen faucet issue [ 0 Answers ]

New Glacier Bay kitchen faucet installed last Thursday by reputable plumber, SKU # 209442, the type with a high arch that is movable back and forth. Noticed right away that a steady stream of water continues for about 10 seconds when either faucet or sprayer are first turned off, not just a few...

Glacier bay kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Repair glacier bay kitchen faucet o'ring

Glacier Bay Kitchen Sink Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Glacier Bay kitchen sink faucet, it's getting really loose. Is it possible to get the installation instructions, as I have misplaced mine when it was installed 2 years ago. Thanks, D. Rolstad [email protected]

View more questions Search