Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kreinier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Can I disable motion sensor on outdoor lights?
    I recently purchased new wall mount outdoor lights. They are motion sensor. I was told they would have the option to turn off the motion sensor. There is not a "switch" for that capability. Is there a way I can wire it to disable that function?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 01:20 PM
    The sensor is wired inline with the hot feed to the light. It is likely held with wire nuts. Remove the sensor wires and connect the two newly opened wires. DO THIS WITH THE POWER OFF.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disable a Motion Sensor on 3way Switches [ 2 Answers ]

I'm ready to "throw in the towel" on my outdoor floodlight, motion sensor operated by three-way switches. Most of the time the driveway just stays in the dark because the two different motion sensors I've tried are complicated to figure out on a 3-way switch. So I simply want to by-pass the...

Levitron 3 Way Motion Sensor Wall Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have power coming in from the basement to the first floor 3 way switch with a 4 way switch on the second floor and a 3 way on the top floor. The 3 way on the third floor appears to go to the lights. The 4 way has two wires going down as travelers to the first floor and two wires as teavelers to...

Wiring 3 way motion sensor switches [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have 2 3-way motion sensor switches I want to install in my garage. There currently are two 3-way switches on different walls. The setup is different from another thread I was reading on this site.. . In my case the power (2 wire w/ground) goes to the light, and each of the switches...

Motion sensor switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leviton motion activated light control I just purchased. In the wall switch there is a black red green and white... on the new switch there is a black green and red... I got the black and green but does the red on the new switch go to white?? Thanks in advance

Adding an independent motion sensor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to upgrade my existing exterior lighting to include an independent motion seņor and addition lighting fixture in the car port. Existing power fed through a single pole switch inside the house to an exterior light fixture next to the front entrance (2 wire grounded). I would like to...

View more questions Search