Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Jun 5, 2017, 12:02 PM
    Best Power Tool for Sanding Automotive Rust?
    I used to have a craftsman 3/8" power drill that I used for sanding rust off autos. It was a good drill; lasted me 12 years. The only thing I didn't like was it was heavy and often difficult to use when holding it at an angle. It was also very powerful.

What is a good power tool for sanding automotive rust off vehicles with a lot of contours such as the early 300ZX and Mazda B4000? I was thinking about the Dremel 4000 but that's also too heavy and a lower model number Dremel may not be powerful enough.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2017, 01:43 PM
    Dremel 4000 is too heavy? Weighs maybe a pound! You'll spend forever using a Dremel anyway. I'd use an orbital sander with a flexible pad or a 6" orbital angle sander.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a power tool designed for 220V 60hz be used on a 230V 50hz power source safely? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to purchase a specific power tool (Groove cutter) not available in my country but would like to import it from a country were the power source is different (220V 60Hz) and to then change the power plug to suit my own country (230V 50Hz). Going by a bit of Googling I have found that...

Home Power Tool [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a user's manual for a 1962 Craftsman Table Saw (10 inch)

Old Power Tool Sites? [ 4 Answers ]

I tried Google but canīt come up with anything. Iīd like to find a site devoted to old power tools where I can ask about a sixties era Stanely electric jig saw.

Why Is A Mask Imperative For Autobody Rust Sanding Work [ 5 Answers ]

I bought body filler and sand-paper to repair rust around the wheelwells of my 13 year old Eagle Summit Wagon.I would greatly appreciate some support on the following matter. My Son is going to try and repair the rust on my car. He has allergies, has nosebleeds very often (had one today) and also,...

View more questions Search