Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askzandar Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2017, 10:17 AM
    Business partnership with best friend going bad. Can I end it?
    Hi,
    So a few months ago me, my brother, and my best friend decided to start a small health food business. After about 3 weeks into it, me and my brother realized we were doing ALL the work.
    I came up with the name. I bought the domain website and hosting. I registered with Facebook, instagram, and gmail. I found the logos. My brother got all the supplies and started an eBay account. All my friend has done was give us $30 towards the supplies so far. THAT'S IT!
    I ask him to do things and he doesn't do them. I asked him to search and pick out some flavors online for protein bars about a month ago. He still hasn't done it, so me and my brother did it. I told him that we need to have a talk about everything. We scheduled a meeting at 2pm yesterday. He didn't show up, nor did he text me to let me know he was canceling.
    My question is, since me and my brother did all the work, we are starting up this business, and I came up with the name and did it all myself. Do I owe him anything? Can I cut him out of it. There have been no contracts signed and everything is in MY name.
    Besides the $30 he gave for supplies? Any and all advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 4, 2017, 11:34 AM
    You don't mention whether this enterprise of yours has made any sales yet - has it? Assuming not - just tell him he's no longer part of the enterprise and give him his $30 back. It would be best to do this before you have any actual sales - otherwise you'd owe him a share of the profits from those sales.
    askzandar Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2017, 05:15 PM
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    No, there has been NO sales yet as we are still in the "Start Up" phase and getting the products made and labeled. So no money has been made yet, only spent on start up costs.
    He only gave us $30 so far.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2017, 05:24 PM
    How can you have a "partnership" without any contract. As your question is written--"There have been no contracts signed", you don't have a partnership. Give him the $30 and go on your own way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property in partnership with a friend [ 10 Answers ]

I and my wife have a commercial property in partnership with a friend and his wife. 50% each family. The deed is in all four names. We have no legal documents on the partnership. I and my wife like to sell the property and distribute equal amount after deducting all expenses. My partner and his...

Free help on partnership business questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, please help me dicuss this situation. X,Y,and Z are partners in a business.The partnership debts are $150,000 owing to the bank; the partnership assets are nill.The separate assets of each partner are: X; $200,000, Y; $200,000 and Z; Nil. Discuss.

Business Partnership [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamu alaikum Dear Brother, I have a concern concerning taking of one particular partnership which is very common here in the Middle East. Eg- I saw an outlet and identified it as a possible business spot for one of the prominent business houses. (Eg- realizing the shop on 1st Floor is...

Business partnership [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am in garment buying house business right now. I need to send a business proposal to some overseas prospects for a joint venture. Can anybody advice a proper format in which I can send the proposal, which would cover, 1. Sharing of infrastructure 2. Mode of operations 3. Sharing of...

View more questions Search