Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2017, 11:12 AM
    Now it's Comey's word against Trump's word.

That's about the most one-sided duel I've ever heard of. Is there anybody left on the planet who doesn't know that Trump is an admitted habitual liar? He even promoted lying as a negotiating tactic. So sad.

Comey may have made decisions both sides disagree with, but no one questions his truthfulness and integrity.

Another Trump liar worth mentioning is EPA's Scott Pruitt. Yesterday, he had the audacity to publicly throw out a whopper - that 50,000 coal jobs had been added in the last...whatever. The guy's a 100% nut job.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2017, 05:45 PM
    Dump just can't let things blow over, he must have the last word, so now he is searching for the tapes
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2017, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Dump just can't let things blow over, he must have the last word, so now he is searching for the tapes
    LOL. He's painted himself into a corner with his big mouth. If he can't "find" them, he'll be accused of destroying them. If he finds them, he returns to the Big Apple by one-way bus ticket. This is delicious!!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2017, 03:04 AM
    That's a one way trump ticket
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2017, 11:20 AM
    1. Now it's Comey's word against Trump's word.
    Makes for an interesting dilemma for Robert Mueller . Since Comey admitted leaking government documents to a 3rd party .( My judgment was, I need to get that out into the public square. I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons. I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. I asked a close friend to do it.)...and it appears that Comey will likely fall under investigation for that and other charges that may come from his Senate Intel Committee testimony ,shouldn't Mueller recuse himself from investigating his friend James Comey ?

Mueller, now 68, and Comey, now 52, would become close partners and close allies throughout the years ahead.....He and Mueller spent many hours together, developing a close partnership......and the Obama White House has been eager for someone who will continue the path Mueller has laid out, transforming the FBI from a 20th century domestic law enforcement agency to a 21st century international intelligence agency.To find that person, the Obama administration evidently didn’t have to travel far—choosing one of Mueller’s most trusted allies as his replacement.
    https://www.washingtonian.com/2013/0...al-friendship/

The two men have had similar careers. Both have been top federal prosecutors. Both have been FBI directors. Several people who know both men say they respect each other.
    “Clearly it’s a relationship based on professional colleagues, initially. But I think they would consider themselves friends,” said John Pistole, who worked for Mueller as deputy director of the FBI and also knows Comey. “Mueller is a mentor of sorts to Comey.”
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...ksI/story.html

Comey manipulated the system into getting his friend appointed Special Counsel, and now that friend will be investigating matters in which Comey is a key witness;or suspect . Either way; their relationship appears to go beyond a professional one . If this is truly an independent investigation then Mueller should recuse himself from the whole investigation ;or at least the stuff where Comey is either a suspect ;or the only witness .
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2017, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Makes for an interesting dilemma for Robert Mueller .

etc., etc., etc.

If this is truly an independent investigation then Mueller should recuse himself from the whole investigation ;or at least the stuff where Comey is either a suspect ;or the only witness .

Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Nice try, tomder, but nothng there.

PS - As an ex-government employee, and a private citizen, Comey "leaked" nothing. He provided his private notes to the NY Times in the interests of good government. Nothing illegal about that.
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2017, 03:49 PM
    his private notes .lol .He was writing observations on government time about a government meeting . In the real world those notes belong to his employer ;and he is too smart not to know that .

That's why he wanted the special investigator to be his gumba Mueller. He had to hand them to whoever subpoenaed them if there wasn't a special prosecutor ;someone like House Oversight Committee chair , Jason Mueller . My point remains . Mueller is too close to one of the principles to be objective .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2017, 07:03 PM
    Geez Tom, I always thought people took their notes with them so they could write books about their government experiences. You know publish memoirs and such. Be interesting to see if Coates and Rogers collaborate Comey's assertions. Be interesting to see where this investigation leads and if something is done about Russia.

Beats the summer reruns though, doesn't it?
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2017, 03:07 AM
    Geez Tom, I always thought people took their notes with them so they could write books about their government experiences.
    Mostly they get permission to use their notes .Observations like 'Trump is a bully ' is not official . Notes about the content of conversations with the President in person or on the phone directly related to government business are not his .They belong to the Justice Dept .

That is just a fact of life for everyone . As an example ;scientists working for a pharmaceutical company cannot take notes of their experiments or meetings with management and staff for their own use .

If Comey were to write a book,he would need to submit the manuscript to the government for approval before publishing in case there is information that needs to be redacted.

Here is Comey's employment agreement :
    "All information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America. I will surrender upon demand by the FBI, or upon my separation from the FBI, all materials containing FBI information in my possession,"
    https://cdnews-pull2-mvaqgu6sx.netdn.../06/FD-291.pdf
    Expert

Jun 12, 2017, 04:20 AM
    I guess we wait for how things shakeout here. The next chapter is tomorrow when Sessions testifies.
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2017, 10:22 AM
    I can't wait . Note that the major networks are not planning on interrupting revenue producing programming to air the Sessions testimony .
    Expert

Jun 12, 2017, 12:03 PM
    Because YOU demand it. Coming soon to a court near you!
    Several states are suing Trump, citing the emoluments clause as the basis for their suits, and he violates anti corruption statutes. In other court related news, the 9th circuit court has agreed with the 4th circuit blocking enforcement of the Trump travel ban citing he has had ample time to study and implement the changes he wants to the vetting process. They also held that the presidents tweets can be held as official statements of the executive branch.
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2017, 01:28 PM
    I have been telling my Dem friends that they are wasting their time on the collusion/obstruction angle. I tell them that Trump's biggest vulnerabilities are in conflicts of interest ,and corruption in his business practices . To be honest ;I find it hard to believe that one can be a developer in the NYC metropolitan area without having deals with some unsavory characters . I'm sure there are plenty of examples where lines were crossed.
    Expert

Jun 12, 2017, 01:43 PM
    Just from what is publicly known with the bankruptcies, and lawsuits from stiffing vendors and consumers, one would think there was a lot more we don't know and just have to follow the money. Mueller is getting just those types of experts in the fold. There is another wild card in the mix, least we forget, fired DOJ lawyer Preet Bharara.

I think at some point the Orange man should shut up and keep his head down at least until the dust can settle on his MANY controversies. The biggest concern though isn't Trump tome but what the congress is preparing quietly in the background that will only need a signature. I put NOTHING past Mitch and the boys when it comes to political savvy and will.

The talking heads on TV are dropping the ball on this Trump coverage...
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2017, 04:32 PM
    I do think that the emoluments clause is a bridge too far.Paying a business for legitimate goods and services are not emoluments.I don't think the founders intended a business man to give up his business to serve the country as POTUS . Our first President had an active farm and he sold products from his farm all over the world.

But this is where Congress comes in .If the Repubics in Congress do their job they should immediately authorize his legitimate business activities . The Dems who voted for Evita INC can hardly complain .

Nah there are real corruptions for your eager investigators to pursue . Using a clause that has never been litigated is a lazy unserious endeavor .
    Expert

Jun 13, 2017, 04:05 AM
    Maybe it's time to litigate the clause... at long last or what's the point? Trump is GREAT at finding loopholes that enrich him, and the rule of law... the COURTS... are a check and balance in this country, for the legislative and the executive branch.

Did you happen to see the disgusting display of Trumps cabinet members slobbering all over his ring? Everybody but Mattis. Do you think Mueller will get FIRED?
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2017, 02:12 PM

1. Do you think Mueller will get FIRED?
    No there will be too much political pressure if he does .Do I think he should be fired ? Yes .

The law governing the special counsel (28 CFR 600.7) specifically prohibits Mueller from serving if he has a “conflict of interest.” Even the appearance of a conflict is disallowed.
    The same Code defines what constitutes a conflict. ..... “a personal relationship with any person substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution” (28 CFR 45.2). Comey is that person.

Mueller should've disqualified himself .
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2017, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    .... “a personal relationship with any person substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution” (28 CFR 45.2).

Comey is not the subject of the investigation or prosecution.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2017, 08:54 AM
    You forgot this part .

" substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution”
    Comey is the only witness of any possible Trump obstruction. And Comey and Mueller are joined that the hip.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2017, 03:12 PM
    I did not forget it. In fact, that part was included.

Comey's conduct is NOT, AND NEVER HAS BEEN, THE SUBJECT of THE investigation or prosecution.

What you are doing is called confirmation bias.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The movie "colors"  1988; Sean Penn [ 22 Answers ]

What is the name of the country western song and the artist that plays at the very very beginning of the movie? It is not a rap song... but pure country western: looks like it is not on the soundtrack... I don't get it!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Today is "Great American Smoke Out" Day [ 14 Answers ]

As some of yous may or may not know... I am a smoker! I smoke approximately a pack and a half a day! Way too much! I have a 12 year old daughter that has been driving me crazy with wanting me to quit. (Understandably). She will hide my cigarettes or throw them away when I'm not looking! My...

View more questions Search