Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marylougarza Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2017, 01:22 PM
    Tenant’s guest won’t apply to rent, won't leave, or give her full name
    I have a mobile home owner who rents a space on the premises I Manage and the MHO has a guest who needs to apply for residency if she wants to live on the premises. She chooses not to apply and says she will be moving when her boyfriend returns from Africa which will be soon.

This is the 2nd MHO she moved in with the first MHO was in jail when this person moved in to their home said she was sent by a family member to come take care of the place and told everyone that the MHO was going to be in jail for 10 years we asked her to apply for residency if she will be staying there until the MHO returns but then suddenly the charges where dropped and the MHO returned to find this person in her home and had to give her a 30day notice to leave. The uninvited guest left at the end of 30 days only to move in two trailers down with an other MHO.

I only have her first name and believe she is working on a 3rd MHO to allow her to stay with for a few days then the cycle will start again. She has been nothing but trouble since she's been here breaking the rules and lying and turning tenant's against each other lying about the tenant's personal lives threatening the 1st MHO that gave her a 30 day to move by leaving notes on her car it's insane. Sorry I know some of this is irrelevant but just to give you and idea why we must get this person of the premises which is private property by the way.

Please help
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 25, 2017, 06:43 PM
    I would contact the local authorities.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 26, 2017, 03:36 AM
    Are there published rules about guests that are given to each MHO? If so what do they say?

May 26, 2017, 01:12 PM
    The MHO is responsible for his guest although I went and reminded his guest that if she was going to live here I needed her to come into the office and apply for residency and the next day she came to let me know that she was going to be moving out soon (prolonging her move out) because she could not give me a date. So I want to make sure she does leave but I want her to leave now if possible.

Could I somehow evict her from the premises and band her from returning to the Park. This lady gets upset and threatens to call her lawyer and last time she got upset with me she accused me of being racist which I absolutely am not. I don’t know how true the lawyer threat is but I want to make sure I do things legally just in case. I don’t want to get sued I just want her to leave ASAP and prevent her from trying to move in with another resident.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2017, 01:59 PM
    As a property owner, and business person you are RESPONSIBLE for the rules and how they are enforced and to think YOU have no legal counsel to at least protect yourself, your business, and property, AND PROFITS, is truly unthinkable.

If this person is as disruptive as you say, call a cop and have her removed as a trespasser. Your tenants should have a clear understanding about your guest policies, and how they will be enforced. Enforce your WRITTEN rules, and policies, and STOP this talk of having a lease for a person you deem undesirable.

Consult with an attorney that every business, and property owner NEEDS for situations just like this.

May 26, 2017, 02:16 PM
    Again, what do the rules say?

May 27, 2017, 02:13 PM
    I am not the owner I'm the manager and we do have a lawyer and I will get the lawyer involved when the time comes if necessary although Iam expected to do everything in my power before doing so.

The Park’s Rules and Regulations does not specifically givethe guest a day or time they must move out by but I always assumed it had to beimmediately. In the past people get upand leave within a day or two others ask for more time I will verbally approveup to 7 days but I won’t approve more than that and they have all left as agreed.

The only rules regarding guests is that the MHO's areresponsible for their guest conduct and must be accompanied by the MHO when usingthe facilities provided by the Park and guest staying more than 20 days mustcome into the office and apply. If theserules do not answer your question “What do the rules say?” could you please bemore specific with your question. Iwould really like to know where you are going with this.

I've never had this situation before others have appliedwhen asked to do so or left when they said they would. That is why I am reaching out because I can’t be the only one out there with this situation. I hope to hear from someone that has gone thru this same situation so I can learn from their experience. Or anyone who is familiar with other caseslike mine and they can tell me what steps to take. I just need to know what I can do or say and what I shouldn’tdo or say.

FYI...The owner doesn't know what to do either and the policecame once already and they took the Lady away because she was acting crazy thatday and everyone was relieved that she was gone but then she returned 2 dayslater. We felt like the pet fish in the dental office in the movie "Finding Nemo" when they heard Dalia was back for her little fish.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 27, 2017, 02:48 PM
    "No specific ....assumed , verbally approved. etc.., " gets you nowhere. You do not have regulations covering your circumstance. Get something specific IN WRITING, post it in a prominent place, office, laundry, mail pick up... specify what will happen. File it with the local MH licensing dept, if you have one, give them a time to comply. The OWNER should do this, not you.
    Then you have a basis for removal. From what I see now, you will not win.

May 27, 2017, 05:23 PM
    What is so difficult about taking a copy of the rules and copy/paste or retype the EXACT wording of the rules (referencing guests) into a post. You posted under a Law forum so we are trying to determine your legal rights and obligations.

The bottom line here is you have to deal with her through the MHO and within the rules set forth in the rental agreement.

May 30, 2017, 10:46 AM
    It's not difficult at all I thought you understood though that there aren’t any other rules regarding guests other than what I have already mentioned. These are the two I mentioned...

a. Residents are permitted to have guests. Guests staying longer than 20 consecutive days or more than 45 days in a period of one calendar year will have to register with at the office within 7 days of this decision.
    b. Residents are responsible for their guest’s conduct and in observing all Park Rules. Guests must be accompanied by a Resident when using the Park’s facilities such as laundry room, car wash area, dumpster bins etc. Guests that are found to be in violation of Park’s Rules may be banned from the Park and cause the Resident to be issued a violation.

I been telling the owner that we need to update the Rules and Regulations I’m just waiting for approval from the owner. But right now I have to work with what I have. So I decided to send a notice to the MHO regarding his guest and remind him that if his guest refuses to register with the office his guest must leave the premises immediately and I am going to also band her from the park.

FYI: Yesterday she was walking through the park wearing only a bra with children and married men all around mothers and wives were not happy. I also saw a married man coming out of the mobile home this lady is staying in. I hope that doesn’t get to his wife. She also went up to my husband and one of his helpers and asked if they could get her some drugs. My husband is the Manager. This lady is not all there.

May 30, 2017, 11:05 AM
    OK, Sounds to me like you have sufficient cause to ban her from the park. Does the park use any security service? The way I would handle it is to go with a security officer to tell her to leave immediately. Have a prepared document that cites rule a & b that lists her violations and states that she is banned from the premises. Tell her to gather her things and stand by while she does it. Then walk her off the premises. If she refuses to go, call the police and ask for their help in removing her.

But if the police won't help, then you may have to go to court to get her physically removed.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 30, 2017, 11:39 AM
    Guests staying longer than 20 consecutive days or more than 45 days in a period of one calendar year will have to register with at the office within 7 days of this decision.
    Her 7 days appear up, so what's the next step? What's the penalty for a tenant who's guest has violated the rules?

Why haven't you sent an official notice to all the tenants that this person has been BANNED, and the police should be called immediately upon siting? Why haven't you filed an official trespassing complaint with the cops, or summon their supervisor if they do not comply?

Have you officially warned your tenants that harboring this trespasser will result in eviction?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 3, 2017, 10:37 AM
    I think at this point you need to document everything and use the law to assist you. Right now your wording had the word "may" in it so already you are off to a sketchy start. You need to turn that around by giving notice and follow through. Simply banging on the door and trying to kick the guest out is not reasonable at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can you do if your tenant refuses to leave , did not pay rent for one year , and [ 4 Answers ]

Our tenant has not paid rent for almost 1 year we have gave him many notices . We will not report Hume to the board because he could just say that he does not have the money . We own most of the furniture in his apartment and we wanted to start painting the walls there to , he says he will call the...

Can a tenant leave without paying rent due? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I tried finding the answer to this question, and I can't seem to find anything on this: The situation is that one of our tenants owes a substantial amount of rent, we just got a letter from them saying they want to leave in 30 days and set up a payment plan (they owe a lot of money and...

Can you give a tenant back security and ask them to leave [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a question I am renting a propertyij philadelphia pa and the tenant has not paid rent because he has foundation water I mean a little water in the basement the walls are moist and water fills in the sump pump the license and inspection guy came and demed that the water is foundation water...

We want rent-free tenant to leave [ 2 Answers ]

We are a church that offered a rent-free room to a college kid several years ago in exchange for security duties. He is now an adult with a college education but without a full-time job. There is no written contract or lease, money has never been exchanged. We've been asking him to leave for five...

View more questions Search