Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shank68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2017, 03:11 AM
    Sedili enterprise is a manufacturer of school uniforms.
    QUESTION 1

Sedili enterprise is a manufacturer of school uniforms. The company's income statement for year 2016 is shown below.

Sales (49,000 units @ RM26.00) RM1,274,000
    Cost of goods sold (49,000 units @ RM20.00) 980,000
    Gross Profit 294,000
    Sales and Administrative expenses 99,000
    Net income RM195,000

The General Manager went to a seminar in management accounting and learn about variable costing method. As he was trying to improve the Company’s profitability, he gathered the following data to assess the behavioural patterns of the cost. The following is incurred:

Direct material, direct labour & variable
    manufacturing overhead cost
    RM15 per unit
    Sales and Administrative expenses RM 1.00 per unit

Required:

a) Compute the cost of a pair of uniforms based on variable costing method.

b) Prepare the income statement for the Company using variable costing approach.

c) Explain why the net income reported under variable costing method different from that recorded by the absorption method (show the calculation the income reconciliation).

d) Based on the answers obtained in (b) and using cost-volume-profit analysis, determine:
    i. Break-even point (in unit and ringgit).

ii. Calculate the unit sales given that the Company is targeting an operating income of RM250,000.
    iii. The marketing manager believe that an increase of RM 5,000 in advertising expenditures will generate sales of 50,000 units. Should this action be taken? QUESTION 1

Sedili enterprise is a manufacturer of school uniforms. The company's income statement for year 2016 is shown below.

Sales (49,000 units @ RM26.00) RM1,274,000
    Cost of goods sold (49,000 units @ RM20.00) 980,000
    Gross Profit 294,000
    Sales and Administrative expenses 99,000
    Net income RM195,000

The General Manager went to a seminar in management accounting and learn about variable costing method. As he was trying to improve the Company’s profitability, he gathered the following data to assess the behavioural patterns of the cost. The following is incurred:

Direct material, direct labour & variable
    manufacturing overhead cost
    RM15 per unit
    Sales and Administrative expenses RM 1.00 per unit

Required:

a) Compute the cost of a pair of uniforms based on variable costing method.

b) Prepare the income statement for the Company using variable costing approach.

c) Explain why the net income reported under variable costing method different from that recorded by the absorption method (show the calculation the income reconciliation).

d) Based on the answers obtained in (b) and using cost-volume-profit analysis, determine:
    i. Break-even point (in unit and ringgit).

ii. Calculate the unit sales given that the Company is targeting an operating income of RM250,000.
    iii. The marketing manager believe that an increase of RM 5,000 in advertising expenditures will generate sales of 50,000 units. Should this action be taken?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2017, 06:54 AM
    This your assignment not ours but you might want to take a second look at some of these numbers
    shank68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2017, 08:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply

RM = Ringgit Malaysia (Malaysian Currency)

If you could send me the solution/answer... I will be really thanking you.

Tq.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 12, 2017, 06:15 PM
    Sorry, we don't do your work. You do the problem first, give us your answers and we can see what is needed.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2017, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shank68 View Post
    Thanks for the reply

RM = Ringgit Malaysia (Malaysian Currency)

If you could send me the solution/answer... I will be really thanking you.

Tq.
    I don't supply model answers, now for some of those ringgit I might be persuaded to work on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should school uniforms be banned from school? [ 2 Answers ]

Students, administrators, and parents have argued whether to ban or keep school uniforms at school. The Pro side claims school uniforms should be kept. The Con side claims school uniforms should be banned. Each side has experts and witnesses. Which side is correct?

High school girls in uniforms at school in a movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember a girl undressing in front of a window in front of construction guys, there are four girls and they go into a tunnel and do magic?

SCHOOL UNIFORMS who is for it or against it [ 22 Answers ]

Do really think that having a uniform would work I mean it is not good so please get to me on this:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

School Uniforms [ 11 Answers ]

Should unforms be worn in school or should students be able to wear andthing they want?:confused:

School uniforms [ 1 Answers ]

Okay here is my first question: What are the reasons we should change school uniforms to civilian ones?:D *civillian=Any type of wear :D :) THANKS! Please help me its about my debate

View more questions Search