Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlie1412 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2017, 02:44 PM
    Need help with an offset for a toilet
    I have a basement bathroom rough plumbed for a toilet but the rough in is 22" from the wall. Any suggestions without major construction?? Toto Toilet makes a 14" offset for their toilets but not sure if that gets you 14 inches closer or not?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 11, 2017, 03:01 PM
    If you don't mind your toilet being 8" from the wall, a 14" offset would work. Can the wall behind the toilet be moved or constructed so rough is 12" away? Is the drain line toward or away from the back wall? Definitely be a pain to chop out 10" of floor but that may be the only solution if you want a 12" rough. In our house, the plumber misread the floor line as inside when it was an outside wall line. Ended up with an 8.5" rough. HMM, cut the plate moved a couple of studs and put drywall on the back of the wall stud, making a small niche with a 12" rough. Set the toilet in, a shelf or two and it looks like a custom built wall.
    charlie1412 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2017, 03:12 PM
    Thanks for the reply, it is in further from the back wall.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 11, 2017, 04:14 PM
    Hi Charlie

No option that I can see but to open the floor up and cut the pipe to a 12-14" rough in. It may sound like a bit of work, but you can rent a chipping hammer for say $40.00 for a half day and then chip the floor out (return rented hammer as soon as finished) and then cut the pipe back and install a new elbow and flange and pour a quick cement patch. This is NOT major construction... a simple half day work if you have a friend over for a couple beers on a Saturday!

We are here to help if we can, OK?

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 11, 2017, 05:18 PM
    Hello Charlie1412,

Question: Is that toilet positioned in the corner ? If so, are you measuring the 22" from the correct wall ? What is the distance from the other wall ? Just curious...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 11, 2017, 06:18 PM
    From the back wall? How about a side wall, can the toilet be turned? Is the rough 12" from any wall?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet offset flange [ 3 Answers ]

Builder installed the waste pipe about 4 inches off-center. This made it too close to a half-wall. Instead of moving the pipe, the toilet drain is partially blocked by the flooring. There is no leak but it doesn't flush solids properly. A plumber told us we would have to rip up and replace all our...

Toilet Offset Flange [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a toilet and need to move the waste line about 1 inch. How can I install an offset toil flange over existing one. Can I glue a new pvc offset flange into existing toilet flange / wasteline? My wasteline is 3" PVC.

Toilet offset drain [ 2 Answers ]

If I understand correctly, these are for use in situations where, for various reasons, it is not possible to move the actual toilet waste line. I want to remodel a bathroom where the drain is set into the concrete deck, but it would be a big help if I could move the toilet to the side an inch or...

Toilet offset [ 1 Answers ]

I bought an old house that's on a concrete slab. I want to replace the tub with a better one that's 36" by 72". The problem is that the toilet is in the way. If I could move it 6 inches sideways... 8 inches would be even better... could install the new bathtub. Any ideas? Anyone ever seen...

View more questions Search