Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpearson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2017, 09:19 AM
    Service Fee Deductible?
    I am a contractor for IT services.
    Two of the companies I do work for charge a 10% fee, deducted from what I am paid. These companies (comp A) find work, offer it, I (me) bid on it, if the end customer (comp B) accepts the bid I (me) do the work and the comp A takes 10% from what comp B pays. Comp A pays me, comp B pays comp A.

Is that service fee deductible for a small business? If so, does it fall to the Professional Services deduction?

Thank you
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 11, 2017, 11:21 AM
    To keep this simple let's suppose that Company B pays $100 to Company A, and then Company A pays you $90. Does Company A issue you a 1099 to document what they paid you? If so, the amount they show you received should be the $90, which you report to the IRS as revenue, in which case you do not deduct the $10 fee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can services rendered from a service company to a 501 (c) tax deductible? [ 4 Answers ]

If we have a dog walking company walk our 501 (c) animal rescue dogs once or twice a week, can we give them a tax deductible receipt for the services they performed for us.

Low deductible or High deductible [ 0 Answers ]

My wife and I are both retired, and over 60. My health insurance plan is offered by my former employer through BCBS. Up until now we have opted for the higher deductible ($5000) plan, but since we are living on a lower income now, we are thinking about choosing the lower deductible ($2500) plan...

CSD Deductible [ 1 Answers ]

Like to ask a question. I know about CSD deductible concerns preexisting conditions. What I want to know is? Do you list these preexisting conditions and thereby only these conditions are subject to the deductible.in treatment. Or is it just a general deductible overall

Is NJ-SUI and NJ-WK Deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

On my wife's W-2, NJ-SUI and NJ-WK is listed. SUI is supplemental unemployment tax but I do not know what NJ-WK is? Could you provide an answer. Also are either of these items tax deductible on the Federal 1040. Thanks, Barry

Tax deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

Are personal items that were appraised and taken to a dealer for sale with the money going to the trustee to dispurse tax deuctible.

View more questions Search