Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2017, 06:49 AM
    Tube Size?
    8" Rim for our Wheelbarrow , Leaky Tube.. The Tube size reads (3.50 X 4.00 - 8) Lowe's or Home Depot sell Tubes for the Wheelbarrow, even Princess Auto or Canadian Tire.. But the nearest size readily available is (4.80 X 4.00 - 8)... What's the Difference in Size, My Concern is too much Inner Tube and the replacement won't properly expand.. Yes I could patch the existing Tube but the leak is in a bad spot..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 9, 2017, 09:32 AM
    Second option is replacing the wheel with a run flat (airless) . Cost more but it will never go flat again. I did this with mine. Harbor freight, Home Depot and Lowes (among many other places) sell them.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 9, 2017, 11:39 AM
    Inflate the tire. Cut the stem off and inject Great Stuff, low expansion foam. Push the tube in both ways so the tire fills. Will fill the tire and come out the cut hole. After expansion you have a never go flat tire for the price of the tube. Here is another example.
    http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...3axzz3HvSZLSFn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I wire two 15w floresent tube controlers to run a 30w tube? [ 2 Answers ]

Wiring up two fluorescent lighting controllers to double the wattage and length of tube

Hydronic in slab heating... pex tube size... 1/2" vs 3/4" When and why?? [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting conflicting advice on tube sizing for a project and am trying to understand the true theory of inslab hydronic heating as a primary souce of heat. I have a in slab Hydronic heating project being installed in the Kelowna BC area. A 1600 sq ft shop that I want to be able to maintain at...

Mechanism - mechanical only - push rod through tube that raises tube [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for a tube 3/4" OD - with a rod in center - unknown dia - when you push the rod down through the tube - it raises the tube - attachment

Inner tube size [ 2 Answers ]

What size inner tube would I need for a tire size4.80/4.00-8? It is for a garden cart.

View more questions Search