Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Apr 16, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Cramps when jogging
    When I jog, my feet tend to cramp. Even though I have good jogging shoes, I think the pain is more based on my form. Does anyone have suggestions for someone who tends to balance their weight on the outer edges of the feet? And before I get impossilby simple answers, like "Try to concentrate your weight on the inside of your feet," I've already tried to do so and my feet still cramped (on the inside this time).

The cramps usually concentrate around the outer edge, like I said, from the pinky toe down to about just before the ankle.

ANY advice is appreciated - Thanks!
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 16, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Maybe more warm up time? More water and/or extra sodium. Are you landing on your heels? You may be pushing off too hard.
    RUNNER'S WORLD MAGAZINE

Runnersworld Discussions - Runners World Discussions

What Causes Foot Cramps

Jogging
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Apr 16, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Thanks for all the info and the sites.

I just came back from a jog and it wasn't as bad. Maybe just thinking about it helped haha.
    Bsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Could be your shoes, are they rigid support shoes, i.e. no curve in the sole for the arch? People who are under-pronaters need shoes w/ extra cushioning that allow their arches to give a little on the foot strike. Over-pronater's arches give too much on the foot strike, and need extra support. A lot of running shops have a mat you step onto to see if you are an under or over pronater. I also recommend not spending less than 85 dollars on shoes, you get what you pay for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cramps during sex [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I have sex, I end up getting terrible cramps,usually in my hips but have also gotten them in my legs and even feet. It seems like the closer I get to orgasam, the worse they get. What is going on??

Painful cramps [ 4 Answers ]

I have been getting large clots, when I get my period and the cramps feel more like contractions, rather than cramps and until I pass these large clots the pain does not go away. In facts I have to stop what I'm doing cause I can't moved and all I want to do is cry.:(

Cramps after sex [ 1 Answers ]

Last night after having sex, I had extremely bad cramps like menstrual cramps. I felt like I couldn't breathe but th pain went away after 20 minutes. I know this isn't normal but I don't know what the possible causes for this could be. Does anyone know what it might be. My boyfriend doesn't have an...

Where did the cramps go? [ 2 Answers ]

I am now about 5 weeks pregnant. Have had cramping pretty much every day for the past week (it comes and goes). I have also had sore breasts. Today I have no cramping at all. Is this cause for concern? My breast are still sore though. Thanks!

Cramps While Pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I have this wired cramps and I just found out I was pregnant and its kind of freaking me out... I don't want to end up having a miscariage HELP!!

View more questions Search