Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mckelgg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2017, 02:26 PM
    I have been struggling with a toilet seat that cannot be tightened for years .
    The elongated seat on my Glacier Bay toilet cannot be tightened so that it stays in place for two days. I have contacted both GB and Home Depot but continue to struggle with a problem for another year.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 2, 2017, 06:13 PM
    Well, new toilet seats aren't that expensive. The big problem is that they use plastic bolts that, under tension, "creep" and therefore loosen.
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=plasti...ned&FORM=QSRE6
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 3, 2017, 10:08 AM
    Kohler and TOTO toilet seats come with soft plastic washer that goes between the seat bracket and toilet bowl. These washers prevent seat from sliding sideways

Hope that helps

Milo
    MiloColeman Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2017, 11:21 AM
    You also may want to ask other people living with you if they SIT on the toilet or FLOP onto it... I know that sounds crazy but I have a friend who ALWAYS flops down on her toilet. When I stay there I tighten the seat bolt and the seat stays put no problem as long as she is not in town and I am there alone. The minute she comes back she flops down and obviously falls to one side and pushes the seat with her. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY. But it is her toilet, so I have zero control over that.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2017, 07:55 AM
    Maybe a Rubber Washer on top and bottom. Help plastic bolt from loosening? I would clean and dry contact surfaces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I purchased a glacier bay toilet,toilet seat keeps coming off & now it's broken [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a glacier bay toilet from home depot, they seat kept coming off and we kept reattaching it, but now it is totally broken and can't be reattached. Any idea how to contact glacier bay to figure a way to fix this problem with the toilet seat? Patti

Almost two years since we broke up - why am I still struggling? [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 18 I moved away from home to go to University. I met a girl within my first week because we lived on the same floor, and we became best friends. It was a really natural progression into a relationship. I hadn't considered that I might be gay before I came to Uni, but it didn't trouble me...

I've been struggling with meth for 12 years and I want to stop but how... [ 2 Answers ]

I've wanted to quit using meth for a while now, but every time I stop using after a few days I have a hard time at work and all I want to do is sleep. I can remember being clean for a couple weeks and I slept at least 14 hours every single night. I was still so tired by the end of the 2nd week and...

2 years after abortion and break_up my ex and I are still struggling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I was with a guy for 3 years, we loved each other very much.. after a year and a half I became pregnant and after much deliberation and advice from a councillor we both decided, being in our early 20s that we were not ready for a baby and had a termination.. we got through the dark days,...

Toilet Seat [ 36 Answers ]

Hello: Why do women have to be so disrespectiful of men? They always leave the toilet seat down. I don't know what I'm going to do about this. excon

View more questions Search