Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2greatlegs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2017, 10:30 PM
    Chirping light switch
    What causes a light switch to chirp when turned off?
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2017, 04:16 AM
    Please offer a little more information...
    What kind of switch? Typical single pole? with a pilot light?
    programmable? electronic? Did it cost more or less than $5?
    Can you describe what "chirp" sounds like?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding new light and switch to exsisting light and switch. [ 1 Answers ]

Light switch has power and one light attached. I connected another light and a switch to the first light, in a daisy chain. So power is to switch to light to light to switch. The question I have is can the second light in the daisy chain be controlled by the last switch only? Or does this light...

How wire a light switch from red-black and white wires to a 2 wire light switch [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to change my light switch, but the problem I have is the old switch has a red, black and white wire connected with 3 different screw places for each wire. The new switch only has 2 connection screws, so I am wondering how to wire this up? FYI The house was built in 1954. And there is no...

Need help changing a two wire light switch to a fan and light switch. [ 3 Answers ]

Wall switch box has two black wires and two white wires(spliced. New switch has black wire, red wire(light),yellow wire(fan), and green wire(ground). I think I need an independent wire for the fan and light. How?

Chirping noise in an outside light switch [ 1 Answers ]

We have a floodlight on our back porch and I just noticed tonight that it has a chirp (intermittent) that I've never noticed before. It stops if I put pressure on the cover or push on the switch but as soon as I let go it starts again. It also chirps when the switch is in the off position. Not a...

View more questions Search