Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LostGirlfriend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2017, 07:44 AM
    Hot/Cold Boyfriend
    I’ve been long distance dating my boyfriend for a few months now. We only get to see each other about every 2-3 weeks. So, let me give you an example of what happens every single time we see each other. I drive to see him (or he drives to see me, it really doesn’t change the situation) on Saturday. We have a great time Saturday and Saturday night, but when it comes to the next morning he turns totally cold, and he stays like that for a few days. Texts become few and far between, he doesn’t call, I feel like I stop being beautiful to him, he stops flirting, etc. A few days of him acting totally cold passes and then he acts as if nothing ever happens. He turns back into his sweet and charming self. This literally happens every single time. And I’m completely lost. Any advice would be fantastic!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2017, 08:15 AM
    How old are you both, and how long have you been a couple? Were you together before or after there was distance between you?

First of all LDR's are very hard on a couple as just having separate lives and limited contact makes it hard to bond, learn about all the little things about someone, or even work on things that you need to maintain the emotional connection.

For now I wouldn't take it so personally because maybe he doesn't know that's what you need on Sunday, or expect, and it's throwing you off a bit the way he does it. That's where you need to talk, NOT CONFRONT, but TALK, and see what he says, and what he does about it.

I would appreciate your answering the questions I have asked if you could, just for insights into your situation, as knowing ages and how familiar two people are is crucial to any advice and suggestions. Most guys don't know, or have a clue about the emotional needs of their female or the confusion he may feel. Good communications may not only reassure you, but add to the flavor of a relationship and help it grow.

You already see that not knowing a partners mind is NOT a good thing especially for one where distance is involved.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 25, 2017, 08:50 AM
    Your boyfriend could simply be the kind of person who puts all his energy and attention into time together with you, and then gets back to daily humdrum requirements of life. Work, chores, or even hobbies he dropped while with you. He doesn't understand why he needs to keep up the romance through text and emails and phone calls. It doesn't mean he doesn't FEEL tender and loving towards you!

I'm 70. I spent virtually all my romance years prior to cell phones and the internet. Yes, a phone call is nice when you are deprived of someone. "I'll be thinking about you til I see you again." But none of what I see today, with almost horrifying demands for contact, which drives me insane.

So tell us, where do YOU fit on the spectrum of confidence in his feelings for you vs neediness?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my water suddenly run hot/cold/hot/cold? [ 2 Answers ]

It gets really hot - scalding hot. Then it gets very cold. What is happening?

Shower Hot water starts hot turns cold then gets hot again. Cold water tap comes out [ 1 Answers ]

Shower Hot water starts hot turns cold then gets hot again. Cold water tap comes out hot and takes several seconds to turn cold. Replaced circulating pump no change.

When I turn on the hot tap the water runs hot then cold hot then cold [ 0 Answers ]

When I run the hot tap, the water runs hot then cold, hot then cold. The boiler ignites when the tap is turned on but then goes off and on, off and on while the tap is running. I have a ravenheat LS80(T) combi boiler

Shower diverter cold is hot hot is cold [ 3 Answers ]

New shower diverter only no tub. Plumber istalled valve ran lines etc. Now the walls are all closed up. However, when I put the trim on myself the cold is hot & the hot is cold. Did the plumber put the feed line on incorrect or is their a way to adjust or divert the water within the valve?

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

View more questions Search