Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lrinehart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2017, 12:25 PM
    Damage to vehicle from a repo
    What do I do if there was damage done to my vehicle during a repo. Just got my vehicle back and the whole front end wobbles with a thunking noise. This was not like this before the repo
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 13, 2017, 03:40 PM
    You may need to sue the recovery agency for damages. Depending on what is wrong and the amount of damage then you may or may not require a lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2017, 06:13 PM
    You can try and sue the repo person,
    You will have some issues as to if it was "your" vechile, when repo'ed, not the bank, since they take ownership of it, giving you the right to redeem it.

Then you will have to prove what they did, and that they did. You will need to have a repair place testify in court that this would have been done while loading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if repo company damaged my vehicle? [ 6 Answers ]

What can I do if the repo company damaged my vehicle?

Vehicle repo [ 1 Answers ]

My vehicle was repossessed and now I owe a balance of $7000.00 plus lawyers fees. I live in PA and need to answer the complaint right away. I know if I deny any of their allegations I can buy time before my bankruptcy. I just don't know what to deny and what the reason would be. For instance...

Car damage after redeeming a repo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My car was repo'd Thursday and I went to redeem it today. When I brought the car to the car wash I looked at my front bumper and found that it was totally damaged and cracked. It is enough damage that I need a whole new front bumper. I called the place where it was but they already...

How can I stop them from repo my vehicle? (bankruptcy?) [ 4 Answers ]

I got behind on my payments, due to an injury. They came to get my vehicle today I said no. will filling bankrupcty stop them from taking it? Or how can I keep it for 30 days intill I can catch it up?

View more questions Search