Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shray911 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Health insurance for Senior Citizens
    I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy in INDIA to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents.

Can any Insurance company in INDIA, cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.
    chatcm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shray911
    I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy in INDIA to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents.

Can any Insurance company in INDIA, cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.
    Sr citizens cannot be covered under floter policy with you
    Best option is to take Varishtha Mediclaim for your parents from National Insuarnce Co ( rfer their website ). Bajaj also has mediclaims for sr citizens but NIC premium is much less ( but service is poor ) .Some medical tests like routine blood test , eye test and ECG has to be done at your cost while applying .

For your family ( no sr citizens ) you shd take a family floater policy ,almost all pvt and govt insurers provide these... Reliance offers them at lowest premium as on today

Thanks
    Manish Jaiswal Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shray911

Hi Shray :

Fortunately, now in India we have 2 dedicated Health Insurance Companies i.e.

1. Apollo DKV Health Insurance Company
    2. Star Health Insurance Company

Both have great products. Yes, they are wee bit expensive but they are worth it.

In case you are looking for a dependable brand, then Bajaj Allianz has good balanced products and claims record.

However, if you are really price conscious, then you may want to explore Reliance Health Insurance. Their products are at least 40% cheaper than competition.

In case, you want to compare all the products at one place and buy your choice policy online, then log into India's First compare and BuyNow Insurance Portal - Compare & BuyNow Indian Health, Mediclaim, Car, Travel, Life Insurance – InsuranceMall.in.

If you are looking for International Health Insurance for self or parents, then click Compare and BuyNow American Travel, Visitors, Health, Home, Auto, Life Insurance at InsuranceMall

Good luck with your purchase. Buy Insurance. Stay Safe.

Cheers!

Manish
    anoopgupta7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 11:26 PM
    My age is 61 years & I am looking health insurance policy for myself,which policy isbetter with minimum primium.

A.K. GUPTA
    MORADABAD (UP)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Name of a 1970's Movie about Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to find out the name of a movie I saw on HBO in the mid 70's. It was about a bunch of old people living in an apartment building, they were getting evicted so they started killing the men that were trying to evict them. They actually buried one of there victims in cement. Can...

Senior health plan [ 3 Answers ]

I am a senior. My wife is 60. I have a 16 yr old daughter living at home.Don't have a health plan. Is there help financially for me for health care

Senior Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I receive O.A.S. & C.P.P.(Saskatchewan,Canada) My wife is not eligible yet, We have a 16 year old daughter still living at home. I have no medical insurance. Is there anything out there for me? Thanks

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have never bought private medical cover, critical illness insurance, Loss of earnings insurance, etc. I know that there is various advice and Web sites to help you lower your car insurance, but what, If any, facilities exist to help you shop around for these other types of insurance?...

View more questions Search