Ask
    rock-onn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2017, 01:29 AM
    Rights share issue
    Advantage of raising rights issue over public offering are:
    Lower cost issue
    Maintains existing shareholding.

My doubt is this:
    In private co, the existing shareholding looks significant but is it really relevant for public companies.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 11, 2017, 04:59 AM
    This makes little sense as written. Try again.
    'Rights issue' means 'lower cost' and 'maintains existing shareholding?' Define that?
    What do you mean, 'really relevant?' That means nothing useful.
    You are trying to compare private shares vs public?

If you are going to be a student of finance, you need to try to be more specific.
    You can't just read a book and then condense it to 50 words.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2017, 06:42 AM
    I recently participated in a rights issue, in this case the company was struggling with market relevance, its share value having bottomed out and they wanted to pivot to a new market, so bringling existing shareholders with them was important otherwise they would have diluted their equity further.

This company would not have been able to go to the market with confidence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights of a share holder [ 3 Answers ]

My Father passed away Jan. 03,2009 He and another Family Member were Partners in a Propane Company ( S Corporation) He left his part to be divided 3 way My Sister, Step Mother, and Myself. My Cousins Husband (The other Partner) says he has 51% and Dad had 49% Although we have been shown nothing to...

How would I make accounting entry in the books when I issue share? [ 1 Answers ]

How would I make accounting entry in the books when I issue shares? I don't have much experience in this. I have a small business. I issued myself 100 shares for $1 each when stared up my business. That entry was easy DR cash CR common shares. Now I am issuing 100 more shares to my new partner for...

View more questions Search