Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cerobb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2005, 08:51 PM
    Trying to slow down a chop saw
    I am trying to slow down a chop saw from 3800 rpm to 1800 rpm. I want to replace the cutting blade with a metal cutting blade but the rated speed on these metal blades is a lot less than the cut-off wheels I'm using. Any ideas how I can do this?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2005, 10:44 PM
    Well does it use a gas engine, if it does it should have idle screws and if you turn them outwards it'll slow the speed down, if its electrical there isn't much to do, but use a rated blade. Or a switch (I forget what they are called) to slow it down.
    ikkyu Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2005, 09:29 AM
    Speed control
    If you have a 110 volt electric motor, there is an electronic motor speed control made for woodworking tools with motors of 15 amps or less. You just plug the unit into the wall outlet, and the tool into the unit. It has a dial for infinite control. I've seen them around but here's a link to Harbor Freight. The unit pictured is typical of the other units Ihave seen though I don't know how reliable it is. But at 10 bucks it may be worth a try.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=43060

PS: I know I'm late but I was just browsing and saw your question. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ready to chop it all off! [ 2 Answers ]

Please help - I have had it with my hair! I was growing out highlights for about 8 months and had probably 4 inches of natural growth. It didn't look bad, but my hairstylist said she could die over the part with highlights to match my correct color. Well, she actually had to end up dying my...

Slow PC [ 3 Answers ]

Hi New to this site so hope Ive come to the correct forum! Anyway MY PC is driving me mad! It is running so slowly. I regularly run anti virus, spyware, registry clean, firewall etc. etc. I am using Windows XP, have 752MB RAM, 1.24GHz processor, 37.2GB hard drive space, of which...

Slow Clock [ 12 Answers ]

Hey Guys, MY computer clock has been losing about a half hour every twenty four hours. I first thought the battery was going bad but my neoghbor tells me that the battery either works or it doesn't. So he doesn't know either. The clock resets fine, it just loses time. This seems to be the...

Slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

:( New sink just installed in the bathroom but it drains very very sluggishly. The installer snaked out the elbow once, and he advised using liquid plumber. (Another plumber once told me never to use Draino anywhere.) Any ideas? I suspect that the clog is from powdery tile grout that somehow...

Slow start up [ 9 Answers ]

What causes slow startup? I'm using intel p4 and 256MB memory.. but still its slow during start up.system info shows that I still have 874MB free. <this figures confused me?> I performed disk optimization, but still slow. What might cause this?

View more questions Search