Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anonymous marve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2017, 09:49 PM
    Unsure of pregnancy
    My average menstrual cycle is of 23 days, I had my last menstruation on 19th March and I had unprotected sex on 1st April but I just managed to withdraw before ejaculation and then I took emergency contraceptive pills within 96 hours, is there any chance of getting pregnant? And will there be any delay in my period due to the pill?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2017, 05:32 PM
    There can be a chance of pregnancy simply due to having sex. The emergency contraceptive pills can sometimes alter the next cycle.

You'll need to wait and see what happens when you would expect your next period. If no period shows up, try a pregnancy test. If negative, and for the peace of mind, you might want to try another test a week or two later as well.

Certainly consider a reliable form of birth control to use consistently if you decide to engage in sex. The prevention of an unplanned pregnancy won't be guaranteed, but chances of one will be lower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure pregnancy [ 7 Answers ]

Im 14 But I've never had have had my period but could I get pregnant be cause I think I am Ive been throughing up I'm soooo tierd in the morning and I don't no the other symptoms

Unsure pregnancy [ 0 Answers ]

Translation: I've been throwing up. I'm so tired in the morning, and I don't know the other symptoms. Answer: Have you missed a period? If so, have you taken a pregnancy test? Edit: You've already started a post about this. So you haven't had a period yet, you're only 14. When did...

Unsure pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I am over 2 weeks late for my period and have been tired, and have been constipated. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests since I have missed my period. And they have all been negative. I am also losing my job so I don't know if its just stress or not. My husband and I have been trying to have another...

Unsure of pregnancy [ 70 Answers ]

Hi I have an important question... I was severely under the influence, and had unprotected sex with my friend and he ejaculated twice inside of me... this happened on Friday and its only Monday, but I'm really stressing about it. I know I have a high chance of being pregnant but is there a good...

Unsure of chances of pregnancy [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant or not. I am on the nuva ring and have been for 7 months. My boyfriend is in iraq and was recently home on leave. He usually withdrawals, but one time he stayed inside me when he came. When he pulled out afterwards, my ring fell out onto his stomach. I took my ring out...

View more questions Search