Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guest2 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2017, 09:40 AM
    Need a good water softener
    What is a god Salt type water softener for a whole house water hardness is 11 grains 4 bathroom house.

Every heard of Genesis water softeners?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 7, 2017, 12:12 PM
    You couldn't GIVE me a salt type one. I spent a lot on a crystallizing type (Pelican brand) and it was worth every penny, and more.
    No electricity. No unhealthy salt ion exchange. No 40 lb bags of salt. No stirring or cleaning or troubleshooting. Doesn't wear out.
    Oh, and a 70 year old dame (me) can carry it down the cellar stairs.
    A friend plumbed it for me, but it was easy.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 8, 2017, 08:52 AM
    Softeners that use salt are not too popular any more. In my area of operation, some cities even banned them. In softeners, you have to do your own research because there is a "jungle out there" and opinions on softeners vary.

For the last few years, we have been installing "NUVO H20" softeners. It is a cartridge-based system that uses Citric Acid to condition water. It is compact in size, easy to install. No salt, no maintenance, no ugly look to it. Google it, read the specs, see if that is something that would work for you.

Hope that helps

Milo
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Apr 9, 2017, 10:52 AM
    Guest,
    In my opinion, Water- Right makes the best water conditioning equipment. Family owned & operated; top quality equipment & tech support- they even grow their own proprietary media...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dripping Noise - Water Heater or Water Softener [ 1 Answers ]

I have a closet that contains furnace, water heater and water softener. I have a constant loud dripping noise coming from one of the three. I had the furnace serviced and the dripping noise is still there. Should I have the water heater serviced? Or the water softener? Is there any way...

Water softener resin clogging water supply lines [ 1 Answers ]

We have a water softener that has a resin filter that has broken numerous times due to surges in water pressure. This time we didn't realize it had broken in time to bypass the softener and avoid getting resin in the lines again. We've already flushed the resin out of the 2 toilets and 2 sinks...

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Salt from water softener contaminated hot water pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Since I could not lift bags of salt to fill the container of my water softener, I just unplugged the softener instead of turning off the main valve; therefore, apparently the water continued to flow through the remaining salt until it was gone. In the last year, I have been through two brand new...

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

View more questions Search