Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krisztina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2017, 11:55 AM
    Revenue recognition- the buyer side
    S Ltd sells a fixed asset to B (self employed) with the option that S would purchase it back for the same amount at a certain point if B requires it . According to IFRS 15 this is a "put option" repurchase agreement, where the buyer (B) does no have significant economic benefit from the repurchase, therefore it counts as an outright sale with a right to return. If S records this transaction as sales in their books do I follow the logics correctly, that the buyer should record it as a purchase of a fixed asset in the Statement of Financial Position? Is there any other records should be added to the books by the buyer? What if later the buyer decides to choose the option that S should repurchase the fixed asset. What will be then the records on the books?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2017, 03:19 PM
    This is clearly an assignment, why don't you tell us your answer and we will comment on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revenue Recognition [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm wondering what I did wrong on this question. Brian Strongford owns a medium-sized Thai restaurant called Chada New. Most of his business is from customers who enjoy in-restaurant lunches and dinners and pay before they leave. He also provides catered food for functions outside of the...

Revenue Recognition [ 1 Answers ]

Make the journal entry necessary to record the sale of 40 books at $15 per book. Twenty-five of the books were sold for cash, and 15 were sold on credit.

Revenue Recognition? [ 1 Answers ]

Need help Four conditions must be met before revenue should be recognized.in each of the following cases, tell which condition has not been met: 1. company A accepts a contract to perform services in the future for $1000. 2. co. B ships products to another co. orth 1500 without any order...

View more questions Search