Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwdouthitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2017, 07:39 AM
    White-Rodgers 50A50-473 indicator light.
    I have a White-Rodgers 50A50-473 control board on a Trane XE-80. When trying to heat, the burner does not ignite. The controller indicator flashes twice, indicating a problem with the pressure switch. How do I check whether this is correct and replace the switch?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2017, 03:59 PM
    Maybe this can get you started. Do you have an ohm meter?

How to Fix a Pressure Switch Error on a Trane | eHow

Connect the ohm meter to the pressure switch. When the system calls for heat and the inducer fan begins to run, check each pressure switch terminal. The ohm meter should read very close to zero. If the ohm meter comes back with an open line reading, the switch is bad and needs replaced. If the pressure switch is functioning properly, other problems may be a plugged vent piping or the inducer fan.
    And this may also be useful,

Pressure switch Trane XE 80 | Archives.HvacMechanic.com

Disconnect the hose from the pressure switch, blow back through the hose into the other fitting it attaches to. You should be able to blow through it easily. If you can not then the pressure port on the inducer may be plugged.
    Please let me know how it works out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White rodgers 50a50-241 led dead... no light on led, nothing works [ 0 Answers ]

Is led light supposed to stay on all the time? Mine comes on for 1 second and then goes off (blank) the transformer is powered up (27vac) but control panel and thermostat are dead. Led on controller is out, and thermostat display is blank. Do I have a bad controller? Is there any LED blink for...

White rodgers 50a50 indicator light unlit [ 14 Answers ]

My furnace was working fine until an event. The event was that the thermostat got switched from heat to cool on an unusually warm Easter day. Problem was that I had a trap over the air conditioner to keep critters and debri out. I estimate the a/c was on for 10 minutes. When I saw the tarp...

White-rodgers 50a55-473 [ 1 Answers ]

My heater lockout (2 flashes, then pause) after few minutes run. Any idea what to do?

White rogers 50A50-471 and -473 [ 5 Answers ]

My furnace flame goes out at times. Sometimes it won't light, other times it lights and quits after a few seconds or almost a minute. Then it might run for many minutes. One time I got a steady LED indicator light, controller needs replacement. Then it works again. I have the White Rogers...

Trane XE80 w/White Rodgers 50A50-473 will not start a/c [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I have a Trane XE 80 with A White Rodgers 50A50-473 Control board my AC compressor and Fan will not start when I lower the temperature on my thermostat in the cool mode. I have checked my fuses and circuit breaker for the compressor all are good. Any ideas what may be happening?

View more questions Search