Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnellylionsfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2017, 11:35 PM
    How can I delay my criminal felony case in Michigan so I can make enough money for a
    I have a tril date in 3 weeks they came with 1 offer at pretrial it was for 37 mnths if I'm found guilty at trial the judge said closer to 57 months I need some time to get a good lawyer lke 5 monthsso I can set away some $ I have two kids and a wife who need a little cash for when I'm gone please help if you can help sm 1 with criminal knoledge please
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2017, 03:13 AM
    You go for your court date, assuming you haven't found an attorney by then, and ask the judge for as postponement because you have been unable to obtain counsel.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 29, 2017, 03:44 AM
    If you have a court appointed lawyer you can ask him how you can buy time, if you don't have one, get one and use that as a delay to prepare a proper case. Be aware that judges almost never grant delays so you can raise money for a better lawyer, or prepare your family for you to serve a sentence.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 29, 2017, 04:42 AM
    If you don't qualify for a court appointed lawyer, then you have enough assets to pay for a better lawyer, such as putting up your home as collateral.
    You aren't telling us anything about your financial situation.
    Why haven't you called some lawyers to ask this?
    What makes you think you can raise enough in 5 months to pay a lawyer, while still maintaining your family? Legally, I mean.

CALL SOME LAWYERS TODAY. For a small fee, a lawyer can get a continuance, and/or advise you whether or not you should take the 37 months or fight for less. Some small amount of advise for no charge.
    Your wife needs to be working on options, such as moving in with relatives.

"Do not make decisions by default." That means lining up as many options as you can think of.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2017, 06:08 PM
    A "good attorney"
    1. first are you guilty ? And is the proof they have against you really good?
    If yes, even the best lawyer is not going to get you off, or get a really great "deal"

2. A public defender is really great at making deals, they do it every day. And may work out a slightly better deal for you.

3.If you are not guility and there is no way they can prove it, go to trial.

If they are offering a deal now, if you delay and see about moving to trial, most likely the deal will be offer later, but may not be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you hunt deer in Michigan if you have a felony for marijuana? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you deer hunt with a muzzle loader?

I need a felony probation transfer to Michigan? [ 2 Answers ]

Look I'm in Florida and I need a transfer to Michigan were all my family is can it be done and how long would it take

Where can a felony get a job in detroit Michigan? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm been looking for a job for the past 2yrs and employees don't hiring felonies help...

Converting civil case into criminal case [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in the philippines I have used my credit card like account to withdraw money in order to pay for my sister's hospital bill,in which she cannot afford I wasn't able to pay for it,since they promise that they will be the one to pay it A certain fiscal said I,would be charged criminally...

Michigan criminal law repeated violations of probations [ 6 Answers ]

How many times can you violate your probation before they sentence you to prison? Original crimes are retail fraud in first degree ,unlawfully driving away with a vehicle and possession of marijuana and cocaine. I have six misdemeanors, seven felonies, including retail fraud 1st and 2nd degree...

View more questions Search