Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MartyJC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Furnace not staying on
    I have a 10 year old Amana (GUD070X30B) , White-Rodgers 50A50-288 Control.
    The thermostat calls for heat, the gas turns on and runs for approx 15 minutes then the gas
    shuts off but the thermostat is still calling for heat. The inducer motor is still running and the
    diagnostic light is 3 Blinks saying the Pressure switch is stuck open (caused by the inducer motor still running). If I set the thermostat below the set temperature and wait 5 min. before setting the thermostat above current temp the furnace will again go through the same cycle.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Could be a defective pressure switch. Take a pressure test tool and test the switch to see if it functions. Sometimes a small piece of hose will work. Suck or blow into the hose to see if you can make it work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend's staying.a friend comes along. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 22 yr old girl. I have a boyfriend. He works on the riggs so is gone 2 weeks, home 1 week. It is a new and exciting relationship. He lives mostly in a different town when he gets off work but since dating he plans to stay in my city with friends, or me. This time we decided to have him stay...

Staying Competitive [ 3 Answers ]

I would appreciate it if someone with a legal mind could help me with the following scenario and the questions that follow. Thank you very much. Two weeks into your new and exciting responsibilities of national sales manager, you are beginning to lose your good feelings. This change of...

Furnace not staying on.. Only with thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, It seems if I cross the red/white wires my furnace will run all day but when I hook up a thermostat (programabel, non-prog, mercury.. etc etc, I have tried 7). It just won't keep the house warmer than 60 deg. It will turn on and off repeatedly and with some themostats just not work all...

Weighing staying [ 8 Answers ]

I know my husband is abusive. I have four daughters, 2-11-15-17. He is 70% good and when he is bad, I hate him. But I weigh the stay or go. It would create more of a problem and upset the whole applecart to leave then to let the problem subside. I have spoken with my girls about situation at...

View more questions Search