Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glenndee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2005, 06:01 PM
    Hampton BaY fAN REMOVAL
    :confused: I purchased a home with a newer model of Hampton bay fan. Of course it has no other identifer except it is white and bright brass with a light kit. It is a remote control model. The lights do not work. I want to replace the whole fan with a Hunter, except I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it down. I mean I can't see how it is hung. The fan has a decorative ceiling plate about 12" in diamater as well as the "bell" close out at the ceiling. I see no screws to take the "bell" apart ( as in the hunters and others ) and the decorative ceiling pate "seems" to be one piece Anyone have an idea how to remove this thing ? Since I didn't hang it I am not sure how it comes down.

Thanks!

Glenn
    glenndee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2005, 06:07 PM
    Leave it to the wife to figure it out
    :eek:
    The top locking ring rotaes to the right... revealing hidden screws...

:p

Glenn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay fan removal - can't remove the canopy ring [ 2 Answers ]

I see lots of questions about removing the canopy ring. Most say to turn the ring counterclockwise to remove. When I do that, it only loosens slightly, but won't remove. I've tried twisting, pushing up/down, still it only loosens slightly. Any suggestions?

Hampton Bay ceiling fan removal [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, We have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan in our house (installed before we moved in). We want to move it to another room and are having trouble dismounting it From it's current location. We lowered the disk that contains the two light Bulb sockets and see a nut on a hollow shaft with wires through...

Scar removal [ 16 Answers ]

I have scars which I got by peeling my acne the scars are on ma biceps and my chest and face they are dark brownish scars can someone tell me a cream or a technique which is useful for getting rid of these ugly scars

Morter removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove morter from fire place brick pavers .

Removal of virus [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, Thanks for your reply, as per your advice I had set my settings and found that auto dial was enabled. I disabled it and now it is working OK. I wanted your advice for a few topics mentioned below. Initially I had norton av 2003, but now it has expired. My friend gave me symantec...

View more questions Search