Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tompetschauer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2017, 09:31 AM
    BRT-45 garage heater
    My heater will go through start up. Induction motor on, burner on, circulating fan on. It will run for a minute or two and then burner will cut out. LED light blinks 4 time, indicating limit or rollout switch is open. How can I trouble shoot what is wrong?

Thank you,

Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2017, 11:54 AM
    Look for the rollout switch and try a reset, most have a red reset button. Should be on the schematic. If it does it again, you may have a dirty filter, blocked flue, snow, bird nest etc. If it is a condensing heater, look for water or ice in the intake or exhaust pipe.
    tompetschauer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2017, 11:57 AM
    Thanks for the tips. The heater appeared to kick out on hi limit. After checking other things, I took the circulating fan out and clean and lubed it. That seemed to fix the problem. Apparently the fan was running slow enough to let the plenum overheat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage gas heater [ 1 Answers ]

I hv a cn200p heater 160000btu Where cac I find a gas valve

Electric heater in garage [ 2 Answers ]

I want to put an electrical heater in my garage. The specs are as follows: 10.0/7.5 KW, 240/208 V, 1/3 Phase, 49 amps. Would I be OK to run 8 gauge wire on a 50 amp 2 pole breaker or should I go larger? The 49 amp rating is the max at start up and the unit averages 42 amps while running. Also I am...

Electric Garage Heater [ 8 Answers ]

I'm installing a 208/240 electric garage heater. The KW is 7.5/10.0 and the AMPS is 36.0/42.0, BTUs per hour is 25.6/34.1. I plan on using a 50AMP breaker for this heater and running number 8 wire from my main panel which is about 100 ft from the heater. Is the wire size and breaker size...

Garage Heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a ceiling mounted heater, 5000 watt, 220 volt with a heater mounted thermostat. I am interested in changing to a wall mounted 24 volt programmable thermostat. How do I accomplish this?

View more questions Search