Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Julcat51 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2017, 02:36 PM
    Why won't water come out of my NEW aquasource shower head?
    Followed direction exactly. The water will come out of the hose of the brand-new Hand-held AquaSource Shower-Head item #0379311, but when we put the shower head itself on the hose, no water. Why?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2017, 04:56 PM
    So, if you use the hand held it works. However, if you remove the head from the hand held and put the regular head on it doesn't work? Do I read that correctly? If so, you must have something blocking the water flow. Is there an OFF position on the head?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 17, 2017, 06:25 PM
    Remove shower head, clean filter screen. There is a possibility there is some debris from installation inhibiting water flow

Milo

Mar 17, 2017, 11:16 PM
    It is the brand new head that will not work. Tried all positions. The hose runs water, but the head keeps it from flowing somehow.

Mar 17, 2017, 11:21 PM
    There is no screen to clean that I can find. No instructions for cleaning.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 18, 2017, 05:27 AM
    Was a diverter part of the kit, or did you already have one, and where is it in relation to where water does come out?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2017, 07:36 AM
    What kind of shower head is it, and where did you get it? Did you keep the receipt? Makes sense to return defective new stuff.

Mar 18, 2017, 08:45 AM
    Thanks to everyone who answered. I believe it is defective.
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 20, 2017, 08:33 AM
    Remove shower head and try to run water without it - from shower arm only. That way you will find out if it is shower head or diverter or volume control valve.

Milo
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 22, 2017, 05:10 PM
    "The hose runs water, but the head keeps it from flowing somehow"...

Agreed, the shower head is defective. Return for replacement!

Mark

Mar 25, 2017, 12:04 PM
    I couldn't return it, since I had no receipt and it was a long time since my husband bought it. So what did I have to lose.
    I used an ice pick and dug out this little round black plastic piece that actually looked like it belonged there.
    Hah! After that it worked like a charm. Who knew.
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 26, 2017, 12:38 PM
    Well, that is what I was saying. That "little piece" is a flow restrictor - and yes, it actually belongs there. It has small passages so any small piece of debris can get caught in there inhibiting water flow.

Glad you managed to fix it yourself

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Luke warm water in shower with new Aquasource Garner mdl 873-3804 [ 0 Answers ]

How do you increase the hot water in the AquaSource Garner Shower faucet Model #873-3804?

Repair shower shower valve aquasource model no 2098500701 [ 0 Answers ]

How do you renove the control handle on AquaSource Shower Valve Modeel 2098500701 ?

Re/ Aquasource single handle '09 shower faucet: No Hot water pressure;cold side is OK [ 3 Answers ]

I must need a new pressure valve.. I don't have hot water side pressure, and I checked all other components. Can't find AquaSource faucet company - seems to be only bottled water, not shower fixtures... Anyone with experience in this area please help! Can't find new parts, etc.

Water won't turn off in shower, constant leak from head [ 4 Answers ]

When we turn our faucet to "off" there is a constant drip of water out of the head. We have a single handle,cold to hot as your turn it. The water dripping is hot, usually. We have switched the shower head and there is the same problem with the new one. Which parts do we need to replace?

Water stuck coming from shower head won't go back to tap? [ 2 Answers ]

Normaly water comes from the tap and you push down on a metal tube to make water come from the shower head and back etc now it won't go back to the tap its just stayed coming from the shower head ?

View more questions Search