Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nigel_Lori Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2005, 05:13 PM
    DVD R/W disks
    Can anyone tell me if I have to format a DVD R/W disk before I use it for data back up puposes?

I bought some new DVD+R/W disks, and explorer won't recognize them when I insert them.

When one of my programs (B's clip) recognized the new disk, it asked me if it could format it. I tried this, and it spat the disk out, saying it was a bad disk. (This isn't the first time this has happened)

Thanks all.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2005, 10:02 PM
    Are you sure your drive is a + or dual drive? Maybe you need DVD-RW disks.

Yes the disk should be formatted to use in rewriteable mode. You need to do this through your burner software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd ROM not reading disks -_- [ 11 Answers ]

I've been playing Diablo 2 LOD for awhile now and just the other day, when trying to open the shortcut it said: "Diablo II was unable to locate your CD-ROM drive. Please make sure your Diablo II expansion disk is in your CD-ROM drive, then click retry":( This has come up before but mainly...

Zip Drive Disks [ 4 Answers ]

How do I unwrite protect a write protected 100 megabite zip drive disk? These disk inadvertently write protected themselves and they are not full.

Recovery disks [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sirs: Is it possible to buy or get recovery disks for my midwest micro computer that is 9 or 10 yrs. Old. I replaced the battery, but it didn't help. The computer is asking me to put in a start up disk that I don't have. We always used the computer just for games and never had it hooked up...

View more questions Search