Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexa131 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2017, 01:12 PM
    Intermediate Accounting
    1st time using this site.
    Brief Exercise 4-5

Ivanhoe Corporation had income from operations of $6,431,600. In addition, it suffered an unusual and infrequent pretax loss of $774,400 from a volcano eruption, interest revenue of $18,620, and a write-down on buildings of $48,630. The corporation’s tax rate is 30%. Prepare a partial income statement for Ivanhoe beginning with Income from operations. The corporation had 4,929,800 shares of common stock outstanding during 2017. [COLOR=#ff0000](Round earnings per share to 2 decimal places, e.g. 1.48.)

[/COLOR]

The book is really confusing me on this as it does not have an example on how to do all of this in one statement. I believe I can get all the correct numbers just need to know what order to do it all in.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2017, 07:00 PM
    Take it as it comes but extraordinary items are usually dealt with after operational items

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intermediate Accounting II [ 0 Answers ]

Question 1 1. A Company leases equpiment from B Company on January 1, 2009. The 10 year noncancelable lease agreement requires that rental payments of $10,000 be made at the end of each year starting on December 31, 2009. The equpiment has a guaranteed residual value of $1,000 at the end...

Intermediate Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Prepare journal entries to record the following transactions of Daisy King Ice Cream Company. If an entry is not required, state "No Entry." (a.) Started business by issuing 10,000 shares of capital stock for $20,000. (b.) Signed a franchise agreement to pay royalties of 5%...

Intermediate accounting I [ 8 Answers ]

Corinne id investing $200,000 in a fund that earns 8% interest compounded annually. What equalamounts can corinne withdraw at the of each of the next 20yrs?

View more questions Search