Ask
    roxanne72433 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2017, 12:29 PM
    Illeagle sale
    My spouse whom I am separated from sold some land without my consent
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2017, 12:59 PM
    Is your name on the deed? If the US, what state?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 21, 2017, 01:49 PM
    We need some more detail. Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

We also need to know whether your name was on the deed. It may not have been illegal if it wasn't.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 21, 2017, 07:48 PM
    Depending on what's on the deed, and where you live, he may not need your consent. More info needed.

For instance, I'm married, my husband and I own a house, we're both on the deed, so I could not sell the house without him consenting to the sale, even if we were separated. But, if I was the only one listed on the deed, where I live, even though we're married, I could sell it and he wouldn't be able to do a thing about it, or get any of the profits from the sale.

We have two cars, his car is in both of our names, mine is in my name only. If he wants to sell his car he needs my consent. If I want to sell my car, I can sell it, and even though we're happily married (and I would never do this to him) I could sell it and not have to give him even a penny of the money I get from the sale.

So we really need more info, because laws vary, and it really depends on where you live to determine if this is legal or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the amount of sale if 40% of cost of sale [ 1 Answers ]

What is the amount of sale if 40% of cost of sale and 20% of sale are other expenses and 5% of sale is interest expense and the income after tax of 30% is 350,000

Journal entry for purchase and sale of property for sale [ 5 Answers ]

I purchase an apartment for $ 1.7m and paid first instalmment of 250k ,Before the second installment I sell the apartment at the value of 1.9m .Please tell me how to record the journal entry .

For sale [ 3 Answers ]

I have 5 gold (22 ct.) baseball cards for sale but I don't know the value?

View more questions Search