Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sjbroen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2017, 07:22 PM
    I bought atrailer house and owner gave me wrong title
    I bought a trailer house and the owners gave me the title to one of their other trailers and won't give me the title to my trailer?
    Can I get a duplicate title or how do I go about getting the title in my name?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 20, 2017, 06:09 AM
    "Won't give" is a loaded phrase. You MUST have the right title or you never will be able to sell, and could even have your home sold right out from under you. You should not have handed them a dime without inspecting the title.
    Do you have any clue why this happened?
    Tell them you are suing, and then do so, I'm afraid, even though it's going to cost you money.

You could first contact the Consumer Protection Division of your state, if you are in the US.
    You could second sue in Small Claims, although there's a low dollar limit, often about $10,000.
    Any lawsuit over the limit will cost a lot.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2017, 10:16 AM
    Do you have a bill of sale? Why is it the wrong title? Why does he refuse to give you the correct one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I bought a car from a dealership they gave me the wrong title [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a truck from a car lot I paid cash for it. When I went to get my tags the dmv said the title they gave me was not the final title there had been another issued for this vehicle the car lot told me they would take care of this now it has been over a year and still no title I have called...

The rights of a previous home owner whose house was bought for taxes [ 3 Answers ]

My house was bought for taxes how long before I must vacate thwe property an do I have any rights

I bought a set of 100 pieces of the huggable hangers before Christmas and gave have o [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a 100 piece of the huggable hangers before Christmas and gave half of them to my Granddaughter and I kept the other half, I had five of them to break as soon as I took them out of the box and have had two more break and my Granddaughter has had three to break. They all seem to break at...

Quiet Title - Bought House From Illegal In foreclosure who now claims he didn't sell [ 1 Answers ]

In March of 2002 I was contacted by a guy who was going through his (5th) fifth foreclosure in (7) seven years. He was days away from the foreclosure sale. He asked if I wanted to buy his house; a “fixer”. (I had made an offer the previous year but was unable to come up with financing.) I paid...

View more questions Search