Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrballer321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2017, 01:20 AM
    In cement mortar and white cement filler for tiles,why do we use breakage allowance?
    For tiles
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 18, 2017, 04:23 AM
    Not really sure what you are asking. Thinset and grout? They have nothing to do with breakage of tiles. You allow for breakage for 2 reasons. One, some tiles in many boxes might be broken. Two, some tiles when cut will get broken by the installer.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2017, 06:39 AM
    JP is correct. You need extra thinset and grout since the mix may harden before you can use it and you don't just add more water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing old tiles from cement floor [ 13 Answers ]

Anybody have a secret for removing the black adhesive left on a cement floor after removing old vinyl tiles? Maybe I should be asking whether I actually need to remove the adhesive. Right now the plan is to use 12" ceramic tiles for the new floor. In fact, now that I think about it I'm...

Is it okay to screw a 2x4 in the cement block mortar in a garage that has leaked? [ 9 Answers ]

Years ago I had shelves put up in the garage. The shelves are attached to 2x4 pieces that were nailed to the cement block itself (not into the mortar). Two of the 2x4 pieces came off the wall and the shelves are only attached on one side now and hanging on the other side to the detached 2x4 that...

Thin set mortar for cement board [ 1 Answers ]

HELP... I am putting porcelain tile on my formal dining room floor. I have bought cement board that they recommended for over the sub floor, I am applying a thin set mortar underneath the cement board, but when I lay one of my tiles on top it wobbles... how do you make it level, I am at wits end?...

Cement Mortar and Sea Water [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if sea water can be used to prepare cement mortar, and can sea water be used for curing of cement mortar?

View more questions Search