Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sctim Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2017, 05:09 PM
    Squeaky floor
    How doI correct a squeaky floor under hardwood flooring? I have access from below.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2017, 06:18 PM
    The typical solution is to screw through the bottom plywood into the hardwood. Drill small pilot holes in the hardwood floor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New floor is squeaky [ 4 Answers ]

Just had new engineered hardwood floor put into my renovated basement and the floor is very uneven in places and is sometimes even squeaky. Do I need to rip it up and redo?

Squeaky Concrete over Plywood Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo. My living room floor squeaks. The floor has carpet over a concrete floor that was poured over a plywood sub-floor. Because I am on the second floor, I do not have access to my floor joists. How can I eliminate the squeaking? Thank you.

Squeaky floor [ 3 Answers ]

my floor is built on I beams (2x3 top and bottom with an 8 inch by 7/16 chipboard between them ) It is covered with 5/8 inch plywood ( supposedly with glue between plywood and I beam ) then nailed. The problem in question is, that floor is finished with ceramic tiles and now various parts of the...

Squeaky floor [ 3 Answers ]

How can I stop a kitchen floor from squeaking? We have the carpet up, so can work on the subfloor.

Real bad squeaky floor [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I bought this house few months a ago. This home is almost 11 years old so there are no squeaks through out the flooring except on the second floor between the dividing wall of two bedrooms. What I have noticed is that the floor squeaks close to the dividing wall on both sides. The...

View more questions Search