Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2017, 04:47 PM
    Tile a bedroom
    They already have the ceramic tiles. The room is 12x12 . I wonder what the installation cost could be? For the labor?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2017, 05:04 PM
    I think it can vary by location and contractor. I would call around and get an idea from those that do this type of work. Estimates.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 8, 2017, 06:08 PM
    A lot also depends on what the floor is now. Is it wood or concrete or what? Thinset and grouting must also be considered. I agree with talaniman, just call and get at least 3 estimates.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2017, 04:28 AM
    Thanks so much. Floor has a level and firm surface. Linoleum is on it now.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2017, 07:43 PM
    Linoleum? Vinyl? On slab or wood? On wood needs a backer board. Even vinyl probably heeds a skim coat. Too much flex and the grout will fail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install interior drain tile in fruit cellar and connect it to existing tile [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to add more interior drain tile to my basement. I have a fruit cellar that is built into the foundation of my house, has its own footing and everyything. How do I connect the drain tile through the doorway? The doorway was built on top of a footing? Do I break the footing and...

How to install tile base molding on diagonal tile floor? [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed a diagonal ceramic tile floor in my bathroom. I want to know how to install the base,is there a pattern to installing? I have diagonal sheet rock walls in the bathroom, will this change my pattern too? Can I use the same tile as the floor or do I need to purchase bull nose tile?

How to replace wall tile without damaging floor tile? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to replace the tile on the surround of my bathtub. The floor tile however was not set under the surround wall tile. Is it possible to replace the surround tile without damaging or replacing the floor tile around it? Your advice is appreciated! Thanks,

Is tile bullnose baseboard installed before or after floor tile? [ 8 Answers ]

My porcelain tile comes with a bullnose that I want to use as the baseboard. I found a response to another question, stating that the floor should be installed first, but I want a grout line between the floor tile and the baseboard, it would be very hard to make it uniform if the floor is...

Peel & Stick tile over existing tile [ 2 Answers ]

Can you install peel and stick tile over existing ceramic tile (bathroom). I am trying too but the tiles don't won't to adhere? I have even sprayed 3M adhesive first!

View more questions Search