Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elaine59 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2017, 05:04 AM
    Living on life time estate during divorce
    My husband and I lived on a life time estate in both our names.He walked out and divorced me.I stayed on the estate.So did he abandoned the property?His rights to the estate abandonment? He cannot make me move right?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2017, 08:24 AM
    You need to review the terms of the life estate with an attorney. I would guess that its unlikely he can make you move, but without seeing the terms, I can't say for certain.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2017, 05:53 PM
    You do not abandon a life estate, unless there is special rules about that. And then the granter of the life estate or who the estate reverts to, wants to file to claim that.

If you have a listed life estate, then he can not make you move without it being ruled such by the court
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2017, 08:23 AM
    Depends on what your divorce decree states. How long have you been divorced and when was it finalized?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What constitutes reasonable state of repair requirement in life time estate [ 4 Answers ]

My lifetime estate in the house from spouse requires maintaining a reasonable state of repair and further stated do reasonable maintenance and upkeep. How large a cost would exceed this requirement and be something the eventual owners will have to pay

Can Estate Reimburse Living Expenses [ 1 Answers ]

My sister and I are paying for our Dad's driver - Dad is in his 90s. Our Dad does not think he needs help and therefore is not willing to pay a driver (he thinks the driver is happy to do it for free). Can the estate reimburse us for these expenses prior to the estate being divided among the...

Living estate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a living eastate and upon my death will the property owner be responsible for any bills I have let behind?

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

View more questions Search