Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmicorporation Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2017, 08:05 AM
    Build a booster pack for heavy equipment 24 volt
    I want to build a booster pack ! I have 4 1500 CCA batteries in a box on wheels I bought at a auction ! (not a good idea) but anyway it is like a cart that hauls the 4 batteries and I would like to use the 4 batteries to boost start my big 24 volt Caterpillar scrapers and dozers. That is easy but I would also like to wire the box to have the ability to jump start with the same cart and use just 2 of the batteries to boost start a 12 volt system what is the easy and cheap way to wire the box for both applications?? Can anyone help?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 5, 2017, 10:53 AM
    What voltage are the batteries? The best way would be to use SB connectors to make the connection to the jumpers. You can mark one as 24 volt and the other as 12 volt. Then just plug into the one needed for the task at hand. Also the 24 volt SB can be used for charging the batteries as a 24 volt set or use a 12 volt standard charger on the 12 volt side. Just be sure to allow enough time to get the batteries to full charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heavy bleeding in the middle of a pill pack [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on the pill for almost a year now. Last month I was given Kariva instead of Viorele (same pill just different name) I sometimes have light breakthrough bleeding but this month I started bleeding in the middle of my second week and it keeps getting heavier. I also have light cramps. I am...

View more questions Search