Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2017, 10:25 PM
    How To Steal A Supreme Court Seat By Trump
    For almost an entire year, the right-wing Republicans refused to even consider President Obama's nomination to replace Scalia on the Supreme Court. An entire year !!!

That is how Trump and his criminal cronies have stolen a seat on the Supreme Court.

Should the Democrats now do likewise and stop Trump's nominaton in any way they can?

At least until the next election or Trump's impeachment, whichever comes first.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2017, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    For almost an entire year, the right-wing Republicans refused to even consider President Obama's nomination to replace Scalia on the Supreme Court. An entire year !!!

That is how Trump and his criminal cronies have stolen a seat on the Supreme Court.

Should the Democrats now do likewise and stop Trump's nominaton in any way they can?

At least until the next election or Trump's impeachment, whichever comes first.
    It is amazing how much you live in hope after defeat, there will be other opportunities for the leftist to stack the court as they have in the past, in the mean time some things might change
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2017, 04:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Hello A:

Uhhh, YES...

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2017, 04:54 AM
    I refer you to the last year of Bush's reign . The Democrats in the Senate stated the following principle .......

"We should not confirm any Bush nominee to the Supreme Court except in extraordinary circumstances,"
    (Chucky Schmucky Shumer ) that was in 2007 ,19 months before the emperor's reign began .

Then Senator Obama led the fillibuster against Bush appointee Sam Alito . The Dems in fact blocked scores of Bush lower court nominees .

Then when they had the majority . Sen Reid ended filibusters for lower court nominees appointed by the emperor .

So here's the deal .....Gorsuch is going to face hostile hearings by the Dems in the Judiciary committee .They will smear him and try to "Bork " him ( a principle initiated by the swimmer Ted Kennedy and then chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee Joe Biden ) . The Dems will try to filibuster ;but the precedence has been set by the Dems to end filibuster for Judicial appointments .

Gorsuch's appointment will keep the balance of the court the way it was . He clerked for Justice Kennedy, who is the swing vote.They will serve together until Kennedy leaves the court .

My suggestion to the Dems would be to keep their powder dry until Trump's next selection where there will be a chance of a change in balance in the court . But what do I know .
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2017, 05:58 AM
    Democrats prefer to ignore the past... and fabricate their own facts... at this point Obama had almost his entire cabinet without the childish behavior the Democrats are doing now.

Voters however remember that... like the Democrats did in Wisconsin... throwing a tantrum leaving the state to NOT do their jobs... and they subsequently lost a lot more seats in the next election as a result.

The people voted Trump in because they were tired of business as usual for the last 8 years. Dream up any alternative reality you want... fact is THAT is why he won.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2017, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    It is amazing how much you live in hope after defeat, there will be other opportunities for the leftist to stack the court as they have in the past, in the mean time some things might change

When you called President Obama a "gay Muslim", you lost all credibility. Anything else you may say here can safely be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    ... fact is THAT is why he won.
    No one is denying that he won.

What decent people everywhere, here and abroad, are objecting to is his increasingly fascistic approach to governing.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But what do I know .

Good question. Not much, I'd say.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2017, 06:39 AM
    Hello again, righty's

All that is well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that Mitch McConnell STOLE, as in RIPPED OFF, the American people.. And, the American people are NOT gonna forget THAT..

This seat BELONGS to the Democrats, and the Democrats are gonna FIGHT for it.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2017, 06:48 AM
    All that is well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that Mitch McConnell STOLE, as in RIPPED OFF, the American people.. And, the American people are NOT gonna forget THAT..

This seat BELONGS to the Democrats, and the Democrats are gonna FIGHT for it.
    It was the 1st thing Yertle to Turtle did right in years .

Originally Posted by tomder55
    But what do I know .

Good question. Not much, I'd say.
    This is what I know ... Gorsuch is going to be confirmed ;and all your whining and belly aching isn't going to change that .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2017, 07:50 AM
    originally posted by athos
    should the democrats now do likewise and stop trump's nominaton in any way they can?
    He11 yes!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I heard the supreme court made a ruling that the court can't stop you from drinking [ 5 Answers ]

L heard the supreme court ruled they can't keep you from going in a bar drinking that wasn't your offense your offense was driving after drinking and liquor is legal

A NEW Supreme Court [ 13 Answers ]

Hello: Obama will appoint at least one, and possibly as many as three Supreme Court justices. How do you think that will affect the issues of the day? Will Citizens United survive? Will the drug war? I cannot imagine what such a leftward swing of the court could do, but I KNOW it's going...

Texas supreme court and court of criminals [ 2 Answers ]

How are our Texas Supreme Court and Texas Court of Criminal Appeals selected

Superior Court and Supreme Court [ 4 Answers ]

Is a "Superior court" the same thing as the "Supreme Court"?

Supreme Court [ 1 Answers ]

Is it time to get rid of the Supreme Court? Why or why not? What would replace it?

View more questions Search