Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vipers14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2017, 08:01 PM
    Tenant vs Tenant
    I would like to know if I can sue my neighbor and her boyfriend. My female neighbor has a job her boyfriend is on SSI in California. I have called the Police 13 time in the last 8 months because my neighbor's boyfriend plays loud music at 2am, 3am, he slams doors all through out the day as well as late nights and early mornings, I have wrote letters to the property manager and he wrote me back saying that he does not have the time to deal with this situation, he told me to grow up and go and make peace with this gang member who is not on the lease.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2017, 08:07 PM
    You could move...

If he's a gang member like you claim... you really don't want the payback that would be coming your way...

Legally you could sue... but illegally... they will do something very unpleasant... Just a reality check here. Sometimes self preservation overrules everything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2017, 09:30 PM
    Sue the landlord for not providing a peaceful use of property.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2017, 03:04 AM
    Anyone can sue over almost anything. But the likelihood of it doing any good is extremely small. You are probably better off suing the landlord as suggested. You need to provide some documentation ( a decibel meter) that this is actually beyond what the law allows.

What has happened when you call the police?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 22, 2017, 05:16 AM
    You have 6 options:
    1. Call the police - oh wait, you have. You found out that he hasn't change his ways at all, or even got worse out of spite.
    2. Sue the OWNER, which will probably also get you nowhere. It's a civil suit, and Small Claims is the only one most people can afford (maybe $75 fee, which you are awarded if you win), but you have to show monetary damages, and that means moving expenses, and that means moving. Then there's the fact that even if you win, the Court doesn't extract money from the loser. If they don't pay, you have to keep suing them.
    3. Sue the guy. Even if you somehow bring 'proof' and win, he won't pay.
    4. Do nothing.
    5. Move.
    6. Plot some kind of harm on the guy in a way that you don't get caught. Although of course you probably will get caught.

I suppose you could charm the woman into dumping him and being your girlfriend.... I'm just trying to make sure I covered all options.
    I forgot to add pay some woman to seduce him away....
    I suppose there's always some more I forgot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On a commercial lease and a tenant given 15 day notice to terminate, can tenant stay [ 3 Answers ]

If notice of 15 day to terminate has been given to commercial tenant, Is there any way the tenant could be allowed to stay. The tenant has defaulted On several issues in the lease and landlord does not want tenant to stay.

Tenant refuses to repair damages caused by tenant [ 3 Answers ]

Tenant cracked a shower door and is refusing to repair. The Tenant admitted to the landlord they cracked the door.The lease states the Tenant is responsible for any damages caused by Tenant, guest, relatives, or invitee.

Can a tenant stay only 1 week after a 60 day notice, if the landlord & tenant agree? [ 10 Answers ]

My elderly widowed mother owns a low income fourplex apartment building in Santa Clara County, California. My mother would like to extensively remodel the two bedroom, and one bathroom, apartment unit that a father and son reside in. The father, and his then wife or girlfriend, signed a...

Landlord/Tenant Law in Texas - What Duty Does Tenant Have to Pay for New Carpet? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, We moved into an apartment two years and three months ago and just moved out. In February, my husband had food poisoning and was very sick. He had taken pepto bismol, but in a polite way, it didn't stay down. Thus, we ended up with some light pink stains in an area about one foot wide...

Tenant who is unable to move into apartment due to other tenant's refusal to leave [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Wisconsin and I'm supposed to be renting an apartment but the previous tenants won't move out. The landlord gave us free rent at another unit for the month but that unit is 2 miles from where I go to school and is not a place I would agree to live in for the year. If the tenants don't...

View more questions Search