Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2017, 02:14 PM
    Attaching wood
    Here is the inside of a closet. The bottom has rotten wood, that was taken out, leave a gap at the bottom. Problem there is nothing to attach the new wood to? What would you do in this situation?
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 04:22 PM
    Is this from termite damage or wood rot or can't you tell? Hard to tell from this picture if any plate remains. Not many wall studs I can see. Regular wood should not contact a concrete floor as this appears to be. I would cut the visible stud to be 1 1/2" off the floor and install a piece of pressure treated 2X4 using construction adhesive to glue it in and then toenail the wall stud to the new plate. . Floor must be spotless before gluing. Then, floor base trim can be nailed to the 2X4.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2017, 04:15 AM
    Yes I was thinking a long those lines. Possibly liquid nail adhesive on the 2 x4 so the base trim can be attached. But should the trim also be glued to the 2x4. Hammer a finishing nail may loosen the glued 2x4
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2017, 06:37 AM
    Sure, you can do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attaching wood to a chain link fence [ 5 Answers ]

To attach a dog-ear fence piece to a chain link fence using An electric conduit clamp. The clamp fits over the top rail And is secure by wood screws. Trouble is I am on the wrong side I would have to go on my neighbor’s property. How can I line up the Holes on the wood, so they go into the...

Which screws to use when attaching metal studs to wood? [ 3 Answers ]

What kind of screws should be used to attach metal stud runners at the top of a metal framed demising wall to wood framing members at the flooring joists above?

Attaching Wood spacers to adjoining new cabinets [ 1 Answers ]

What is the bes way to attach the spacers to the new cabinets I have purchased ? Should I glue them to the cabinets or should I just put two screws at the top and two screws at the botton of each spacer --- two on each side naturally --- ? Thanks Golfer 156:)

View more questions Search