Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissTulip43 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
    I wish.
    I wish that some people would read the question before they answer the question. I am new to this site, I have been reading question for about a week, and just joined tonight to post this to this board. I have noticed that in a lot of the posts, someone (not always the same person) will recite scripture and totally disreguard what the question is. It is fine to be Christian, and if someone asks for a prayer to say to God, or if that prayer or scripture actually works in to the answer to the question, then it is all good and well to give them the scripture and prayer. But if all they do is ask a question about what something is, don't disreguard the question. I am not trying to attack anyone specific, but instead of just reciting scripture and telling them to ask god for forgiveness, please, read the question, give them the answer they are looking for.

If I didn't know what an orb was, and posted a question saying, "What is an orb," I KNOW I would not like it if someone responded by saying to ask God to take the evil out of my life and to forgive me for my sins, then put in JKV John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son..." or whatever they can think of. I know it is important to have God in my life, as I'm sure 99% of the people in this forum understand, and this is what I go to church for, and read my bible for, and pray to God for. I would just want someone to answer my question, not give me a lecture telling me to ask God for forgiveness.

Feel free to agree, or disagree, ask the case may be.
    luvmy_3_angels Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2007, 08:22 PM
    I agree with you. I have read some posts where a question was not answered at all. But sometimes, someone may not understand fully what the person is asking because of the way it is worded or maybe because of distractions they have around them. Sometimes though, just knowing a simple verse that someone can recite when they are afraid may give them comfort, even if it has nothing to do with what is going on. But I do agree.
    MissTulip43 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Thank you, luvmy_3_angels, I'm glad someone agrees with me. I haven't come back on since I wrote that post because I was just disgusted with the way some people were acting on here. I decided I should come back and check it out.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Not only that but also I believe that there is a spiritual realm and simply because God says do not seek out fortune tellers, do not communicate with the dead, do not levitate and do not this and that in the spirit realm does it actually mean that we are to not be interested in any aspects of the spiritual realm, paranormal things, etc..?

I have questioned this for some years and think I am finding a balance where I don't cross the line. Some things I am still not sure of so I haven't gotten into studying them... yet---until/unless I feel comfortable about it.

I started by wondering why is it okay for prophesy and not telling the future
    Why were disciples caught up into the third heaven but we are not to astro project?

I did come to the conclusion that many of these answers are because the devil has a counterfeit for everything so that is why I don't get involved with much of the spiritual things. I think that the traditional church wanted to shield us from much of the spiritual things by debunking them and saying they are forbidden because they want us to rely on the preachers rather than look introspectively into our spirits and communicate with God
    On our own.
    pleasecometome Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I started out by wondering why is it okay for prophesy and not telling the future why were disciples caught up into the third heaven but we are not to astro project?
    There was a lot more of your post that I would have liked to comment on, but this basically struck me as the center of my confusion. Knowing what the Bible says, I am confused. I believe in God, I believe in His Angels. I believe there are Good Forces as well as Dark Forces working on this Earth, I believe there is Good as well as Evil. Recently I wished to communicate---I realize now for my own peace of mind---with someone I suddenly lost. I've been searching and searching for a way, all of the time knowing the Bible tells me not to. But then I know a man who is not only been called to preach, but he is gifted with the ability to prophesize. I have always believed that MAN wrote the books of the Bible. Maybe there are even more books that could be added, books that haven't even happened yet. I have a very open mind about Christianity, just as I have a very open mind about the sixth sense and ability to use it. I also know there is a dark side of this that I do not want to introduce myself to. I am learning a little bit at a time. I guess what confuses me most is there is this spirit world where you can just think of your loved one and they hear you. Then, others seem to think once you die, you cross over and holding on or calling back that loved one keeps them from seeking the higher plane they have crossed into. I AM CONFUSED!! :rolleyes:
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Dec 21, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Not only that but also I believe that there is a spiritual realm and simply because God says do not seek out fortune tellers, do not communicate with the dead, do not levitate and do not this and that in the spirit realm does it actually mean that we are to not be interested in any aspects of the spiritual realm, paranormal things, etc.....???
    You bring up very interesting points that are best answered through Scripture. Biblically speaking, Scripture tells us the following regarding communications and gifts that people are endowed with.

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the Word of Wisdom; to another the Word of Knowledge by the same Spirit; To another Faith by the same Spirit; to another the Gifts of Healing by the same Spirit; To another the Working of Miracles; to another Prophecy; to another DISCERNING OF SPIRITS; to another Divers Kinds of Tongues; to another the Interpretation of Tongues:" -- 1 CORINTHIANS 12:7, 8, 10 (KJV)

Scripture also tells us "And He said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream." -- NUMBERS 12:6 (KJV). Further, we learn this "In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men and sealeth their instruction." -- JOB 33:15-16 (KJV). So, it is apparent that dream communication plays an important part in our life when God communicates with us and gives us instruction for our daily life.

Also important to understand is the following Scripture in relation to this.
    "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that BELIEVETH on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." -- JOHN 14:12 (KJV)

Therefore, we are given Scriptures to accept the gifts that we were given and to obviously use them. However, it is important to know and understand that these spiritual gifts must be used in the proper manner with all respect due to God, as He has given us these gifts to help our fellow man, not to persecute him. When we embrace these Scriptures instead of feeling fear when we use them to help one another, we begin to understand the importance of spiritual undertaking as it was intended. Those who do not use the gifts for the purposes intended will inevitably know, in one way or another, the seriousness of their actions.

If one is doubtful as to how to use their gifts, they can ask God in prayer for direction as He has already told us this: "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." -- PSALM 32:8 (KJV)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search