Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taxpayer83 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2016, 05:59 AM
    Can I start a second business to keep Solo 401k?
    I have an scorp. I like to hire full time employees but still want to keep my solo 401k plan. I am thinking of starting a new business and hire employees at the new business so I can continue my old business with me as the only employee and keep the solo 401k. Can someone confirm if this is legal or are there any laws that prevent opening multiple businesses to keep the solo 401k plan?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 24, 2016, 08:07 AM
    What you propose is perfectly legal, as long as the businesses are completely separate and fund for the businesses do NOT inter-mingle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you withdraw tax free from a solo roth 401k for qualified college expenses? [ 3 Answers ]

I am thinking of opening a solo 401k and contributing to the Roth 401k portion of the account. I am also trying to find out if I can then "hire" my children during the summer (they are 2 and 4 years old), but most of their "earned income" from myself employed business into their roth 401k and then...

Iwish to start a business but I don't have strong finincial baground for business [ 5 Answers ]

I am willing to start a business but I don't have strong baground of business famally or good finiancial support so what kind of business I do need to start I am mba(marketing) post graduate with 4 year of experience and currently working as a erp cunsultant but becase of recesssion my salary is...

Using 401k funds to start a business [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I'd appreciate some help here. I'm leaving my present F/T job to start my own machine shop and I'd like to know if there is a consideration in the laws regarding 401k for doing this? Thanks! - Skip

Solo 401k or SEP IRA for side job income? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has a 1099 Income(50k) and a regular full time job in which she contributes to employers 401k. She wants to maximize the amount of money she want to contribute to retirement plans for 1099 income. Is she eligible to open an solo 401k or SEP IRA account and reduce taxes? If she can what is...

View more questions Search